“Back again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Back again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here last year for conference and back for same this weekend. Great room, very comfortable bed and pillows.conference set up much better than last year different configuration of room which I thought was much improved . Staff all friendly and efficient . Only annoyance was trouble with free lobby wifi not being available at times no big deal though.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dinesh G, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hi Louieathens,

Thank you for your feed back.

It is always motivating to see positive comments from our return guests which ensures that we are being consistent.

We are undergoing a soft refurb that is expected to complete by mid December which will give our rooms a fresh look.

We hope to have you back with us to expereince our new rooms.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have stayed here several times and found it ideal for conferences or weekend holidays. There is a hill to be negotiated to get to the lake and downtown area but if you are reasonably fit it's not a problem, about 10 minutes does it. The rooms are spacious and the bed and pillows very comfortable, it's not extra luxurious but not too expensive either, there is an attractive central courtyard to look out at, and underground car parking for a reasonable $10.00 per day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Don M,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Queenstown.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

we had a family trip to Queenstown for 3nights. When we checked-in, we've been given 2 rooms on Level 1. As we arrived earlier, there was only 1 room available. So we decided to put all our luggage into that room. Once you opened the room, the smell was coming-musty, mildew...(my nose is sensitive as I am pregnant.) We went back to the reception, and asked if possible to change the floor level. The girl said she needed to talk to her manager, as we didn't put any special request when booked the rooms. The fact was, that day was Sunday (the last day of school holiday in NZ), we walked in-out hotel many times, but didn't see lots of checked-in guests. (Not sure about the occupancy rate on that day, but I guess it won't be high.) We booked 2 rooms and stayed for 3 nights, the reception whoever gave the room level to us, I feel he/she doesn't has any industry knowledge. The duty manager (tall guy) walked away to hide in the office in the front of us when there were 3 customers waiting and only 1 girl serving. When checked-out, the bill I got was $108 over than the price I booked on its website. They explained the price at their end was different from the head office. Wow, luckily I checked, otherwise will only know it when received my credit card bill. They amended the amount at the end also waived the credit card surcharge, but it was not a happy story anyway. BTW,1,the phone call to reception was not always being answered. 2,The TV has limited channels. 3,There was no extra blanket in the wardrobe.
I won't go back to this hotel as there are most hotels in Queenstown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dinesh G, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Hi Layne H,

Thank you for yur feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear about your expereince with us but glad to know that Front Desk was able to move your room so you could enjoy your 3 day break with us. I have already had a discussion with the Front Office Manager regarding the concerned Duty Manager and also phones not being answered. This lapse in service is not acceptable as we are here to serve our guests which is our main priortiy and motive.

I sincerely apologise for the incorrect charges which I am currently following up with the concerned people as this error should have not occured.

With regards to Sky TV, on a business package like ours we only receive 15 channels. I will certainly forward your suggestion to our Head Office regarding upgrading Sky facilities.

Once again I would like to apologise for the shortcomings in our service and would appreciate if you will give us another oppurtunity to give you the Millennium experience. Please contact me at millennium.queenstown@millenniumhotels.com for your future booking.

Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Queenstown hotels

Luanda, Angola
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked into the Millennium hotel for a 2 night stay while in Queenstown and made the booking via LastMinute.com. We chose to pay extra and upgrade to the superior room from the standard partly to indulge, but primarily because it came with internet access which was necessary for a business trip.

On checking in we were met by the friendly front desk staff who processed my reservation very quickly and efficiently. However I couldn't help but notice that the room listed on our computer reservation was switched by hand from 511 to 412. I didn't think much of it at the time.

On arriving at our room I discovered that rather than a view of the quaint gardens (which we would've seen from our alloted room at 511) we'd been placed in a room with windows facing onto the roadside parking. Literally a meter from the window.

The room itself was rather dated but spacious and comfortable enough. It's also apparent that the hotel is undergoing some renovations to revamp itself, but unfortunately not only were we in one of the older rooms but we also experienced the renovations first hand as the labourers banged away working on the room next door.

On logging into the internet we discovered that not only was it not complimentary, but it was at the extortionate price of $5.10 per 15MB of use. Barely believable given the hotel markets itself as a conference center for business people. I called front desk to check whether there was some error as our online booking included in room internet access. I was told in a friendly manner that they would investigate and call me back in my room. This never happened. A repeat call sometime later met the same outcome. Not ideal.

All in all, if you're looking for somewhere pleasant to stay you could do worse than the Millennium, but you could do a lot better too for the same price.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a garden view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi HSR14,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to hear about your room allocation and apologise for the inconvenience caused. This should have not happened at first instance and similar room should have been allocated during room move. I would have also appreciated this to be brought to our attention during your stay as Front Desk would have gladly offered you another room to your expectation.

With regards to internet inclusion, I would appreciate if you can please send me your booking at millennium.queenstown@millenniumhotels.co.nz, so I can investigate it for you.

I would like to thank you for your feedback as your constructive feedback assist us to review our standard and procedures to ensure we provide the best service to our guests.

Once gain I would like to apologise and would be dlighted if you would give Millennium Hotel Queenstown another chance to serve you.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel as part of a group tour and as such received a room on the lower level which can be considered as 2 floors down from the main level. The room was big overlooking the gardens with very comfortable bed, fridge, coffee, furniture, hair dryer, ironing table, etc. The bathroom was a fair size with both a tub & shower. The room was clean with a small TV. Wi-Fi was good but limited to the lobby area. Breakfast was very good as well with hot and cold items such as cereals, hot foods like fried eggs, omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc., salads, fruits, pastries, juices, coffee, tea, etc. The have a shuttle service to and from town every hour on the hour. It is only 10 mins walk to town down the hill. The room with a view of the mountains would be nice. There is also a grocery store down the hill as you enter the town. Very handy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SimbaMasaka
Dinesh G, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Hi Simba888,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay which is a great motivation for all of us here at Millennium hotel Queenstown.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

It wasn't a good beginning to our stay in that I won a night's accommodation and we decided to add another night to make it a worthwhile trip. When I phoned to make sure my booking was in place I was told that I didn't have any reservation at all, including the night I had won! This was fixed but it cost me toll calls and not a good start to our trip.

However the hotel itself was warm, comfortable and we were impressed with the decor, friendliness of all staff and very very impressed with the meal we had on our second night. Free wi-fi in the lobby and that was good. Would we go back? Most likely not as there are dozens of hotels in Queenstown, but was this worthwhile? Very definately yes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dinesh G, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Hi Joan M,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused with regards to your booking but glad to know that it was fixed for you prior to your arrival. I remember talking to you over the phone regarding the same.

It is pleasing to know that you found hotel services comfortable and our team member helpful during your stay. We would appreciate if you will choose Millennium again for your accommodation when you are in Queenstown next.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Operations Manager.
Eugene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

They were so great and nice at the Front Desk. This Hotel is up at the top of a hill, so if you want to walk remember you have to walk back up the hill. The Hotel does have a Shuttle, ask them about it. There is no free WiFi, you have to pay for it if you want it. They do have a Coin operated laundry you can use. The bed is very comfortable and I loved the pillows. The bedding is top of the line. The rooms are very clean and housekeeping are great, It is a beautiful Hotel and the value is great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dinesh G, Manager at Millennium Hotel Queenstown, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Hi Suzannesh,

Thank you for your fedback on your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you had a great time in Queesntown with us and enjoyed your room. Our staff is our strength and I am pleased to know that they were able to assist you to make your stay comfortbale and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Millennium Queenstown.