This was the first of several Millennium hotels we stayed in during a tour of both Islands and they're all on a similar model, big, glitzy reception and public areas and rooms varying from below average to nicely finished (Queenstown was a nice, comfortable room overlooking the central garden area) but the thing that I really did object to in all of them was how they sought to charge for extras.
I could live with a charge for the car park, especially in larger towns & cities, but this place wouldn't even let me into the car park until they'd swiped my credit card which meant leaving the car parked in the small area outside reception. There was only 20 minutes free wi fi available, and even for that you had to sit in reception, wi fi was available in the room at a ridiculous daily rate. Wi fi is such an essential facility now it should be included, certainly in places in this hotel category. And if I'd have wanted to pay for anything by credit card they would have charged an additional 1.5%, luckily the hotel was prepaid but honestly who travels nowadays expecting to pay for everything in cash?
Very disappointed with Millennium as a chain, and wouldn't use them again,.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant hotel located 1 km from downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Millennium Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium - Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Millennium Hotel