Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$173
US$230
US$218
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
US$175
US$180
US$175
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hilton
  • Pool
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$127
  • Pool
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$262
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$129
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Central Ridge Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$138
All reviewsshotover riversteam roomsquash courtriver viewspa areabodhi treeburmese restaurantcinema roomarthurs pointcoronet peakno liftspa treatmentsview roomheated poolsome tlcour honeymoonboutique hotel
Reviewed 16 August 2012

It was wonderful - the room, the staff, The spa suite, the location and especially the food. We will be back.
Why does this review have to be at least 200 characters?? I have nothing else to say, maybe I should review the review! I have nothing else to say, nothing nothing nothing

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

It was so bad i don't know were to start.

We had booked and paid for a River View Suite to finish off our 5 week trip in style but when we checked in we were told they had no suites left and we either had to take a "carpark" view room or they would refund our money and we would have to find something else which was out of the question after skiing all day and everwhere else full. As compensation for this we were given a $50 credit given that the room and suite price difference was around $300 this was the first of many insults fired at us, including;

1: the tv from the 70's took ten min to warm up then stopped working altogether
2: there was no hot water in the mornings which we told them about but as we found out the next morning while trying to rush out nothing was done about it and we had more cold showers.
3: the advertised heated towel rail did not work.
4: the advertised bath robes were not in the room and we found out that they didn't even have any for us to use.
5: the doors to the verandah right next to the hotel entry could not be locked leaving us and our belongings vunurable
6: paint peeling off the ceiling
7: simple things like no pen supplied with the stationary and not all the tea and coffees replenished after our first day.

After 35yrs of world travel this is one of the worst experiences we have ever had.

Don't waste your time and money on this place.

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank conjolaround
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and were very impressed with the service provided by every one of the staff.I was quite unwell and asked to move to a gardenview room as they are the sunniest. Our river view room was beautiful and very spacious so I felt embarrassed about changing.The staff were totally obliging, offering to assist with the move and then providing a soothing drink with some tasty goodies.I have never experienced this level of attention in any other hotel and I have stayed in very many both here and overseas.We both loved the gorgeous facilities including the great movie room- a unique experience.Well done to Andrew, Phoebe and Matt and your super friendly helpful team.I wish you every success.Of course we'd love to return.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We recently had 3 nights at Nugget Point, it was unbelievably bad. It may have been cheap, $119.00NZ per night & in this case I guess you get what you pay for. On arrival & during our stay there was this old oil cooking smell through-out the hotel, including the room. I rang reception when there were no face cloths, they bought 2 hand towels & advised thats what they used. Don't try taking a quick shower, it takes 10-15 minutes for the hot water to arrive. Then when you do shower the water floods onto the floor (I guess that's what you use the hand towel face cloths for) The pillows are hard & there are no options when we rang reception. The sliding doors to the deck couldn't be locked & when closed had a gap allowing the cold in. There was a huge stain on the bed cover which was really off putting. If you want a tea or coffee in your room the cups are so small one tea bag would do three cups. There are insufficient car-parks, so had to park our car out on the road 2 nights. BUT on a positive note the view from the room was spectacular!!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were so impressed with this Hotel, the location is perfect because is about 15 minutes from town and a short easy trip to Coronet Peak. The staff was really friendly giving us a warm welcome and a tour. They have an amazing spa area, you can use it after 6 pm and sometime in the morning. But it was perfect for me since I only went skiing a couple times and while my husband was skiing I relaxed at the spa.
We also booked a wonderful couples massage, good price.
They have a nice small private movie theatre and the chef makes pop corn for you for free! The rooms are comfortable and warm. And they're dark and quiet at night wch guaranteed a good sleep.
The restaurant is wonderful, I had the lamb and my husband had the salmon, it was perfectly cooked and the views from the restaurant are gorgeous.
This is only my first time in Queenstown and I loved it. we're planning a trip next year and we're definitely staying at Distinction.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple