We had the privledge to stay at Nugget Point for 7 nights which was then extended for 3 nights due to being snowed in at the airport in September 2012. We are already recommending the hotel to friends. Our room overlooking the Shotover River was spacious even with a roll out bed for our daughter. The view is stunning and you can hear and see the jets zooming past.
Our rate included breakfast and we worked our way through the menu and enjoyed all ther variations on eggs! Our daughter highly recommends the omlettes! We dined in the very elegant restuarant with friends we met during our stay and had an excellent meal. My husband enjoyed a few drinks in the bar with the huge fire in the evenings.
The spa is fabulous, very opulent and relaxing. Beauty and Massage therapists very experienced and professional. We enjoyed the use of the pool as a family in the evenings and we found this a real bonus holidaying as a family. The selection of DVD's is great and we made good use of the cinema room with our daughter. The popcorn was a lovely extra.
The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and polite. We felt like we knew most of them after our 10 days stay. Special mention of Jen, Matt,Phoebe, Adrien, Allesia and Emma who were outstanding. Well done and we will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of Coronet Peak and overlooking the stunning Shotover River, Nugget Point Hotel is the ultimate boutique hotel in Queenstown, just a stone's throw away from shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife of central Queenstown. To complete the perfect picture, Nugget Point is just 10 minutes by car or public transport to Coronet Peak Ski Area for that very special winter getaway. The hotel boasts 36 spacious boutique rooms, accommodating up to 74 guests, and all rooms have an open plan bedroom and lounge area, ensuite bathroom, and private balcony or patio. Nugget Point Hotel offers a wide range of facilities for our discerning guests. Unwind at The Spa at Nugget Point for a truly luxurious escape, indulge in beauty and massage treatments in our beautiful spa which resembles a modern version of Roman baths whilst taking in the views of the surrounding mountain ranges and Shotover River. Then relax in the Shotover Lounge Bar for a refreshing drink or enjoy an exquisite dining experience in Birches Restaurant surrounded by awe inspiring views of the rugged Queenstown landscape. Take advantage of our Home Theatre to enjoy a unique movie experience, with your own private viewing. For the more active guest, there is a well-equipped gym, or challenge your companions to a game of tennis or squash on a private court, and avail yourself of our drying room after an enjoyable day on the ski field. Bookings necessary for these facilities and they are subject to availability at the time of booking. Nugget Point Hotel is also the perfect venue for small conference retreats and incentive groups with our luxury boardroom catering for up to 30 people, with all the modern conveniences and with breakaway rooms available during the period of the conference. For each of our guests there is something special that appeals. It may be the prospect of stretching out in a spa bath with a glass of champagne at the end of the day, or a gourmet meal in our Birches Restaurant admiring the views, or simply curled up on a couch in front of an open fire in our lounge bar with your favourite bottle of wine. One thing's for sure, at Nugget Point we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel Queenstown
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Nugget Point Boutique Resort
- Nugget Point Boutique Queenstown