“Affordable opulence”

Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel
Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Omg. Stunning location, particularly if you enjoy your space, the natural environment and want some peace & quiet. Overlooking the Shotover river it is a compulsory drive into town, but a short one however, and well worth the views.
Queenstown's original luxury hotel, decor is perhaps a little dated in terms of current styling, but of such quality that is still in impressive condition. The pool, spa, sauna, steam & shower room was amazing and if you really must there's a very well equipped hotel gym that you'll probably get to yourself. Dinner restaurant looked amazing (although I confess we didn't eat there as had other plans). Also a movie room with popcorn supplied and a squash court.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived early in the evening and didn't get a chance to enjoy all facilities :( which looked just awesome!! The place is really beautiful, lots of paintings, spacious/clean/luxurous room. We got also upgraded for our honeymoon so very kind service!! And what a view!!! Simply loved it

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Brought my partner to the spa for his 30th birthday treat. The spa is beautiful with mosaic roses on the swimming pool floor and lining the showers. The hot tub, sauna, and steam room were amazing. We had a couples full body massage which was wonderful. The ladies who looked after us were wonderful at their craft as well as great hosts. Emma the spa manager looks after her clients very well so we felt very special indeed. It wasn't my first time and it definitely won't be my last. Hands down the best spa in Queenstown! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Love, love, love this Hotel! Unfortunately, only stayed one night, wish I could have stayed a lot more. Stylish, comfortable, free movies & popcorn! On top, a breathtaking view of the mountains. Will be back!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a 2 night pakage and had a mixture of feelings about the place. On the positives it is quiet, peaceful with fantastic views if you have a river view. The staff would be amongst the best we have come across being friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast were more than was needed with a good variety and well presented. We had one dinner which was also excellent although our starter of bread and dipps had bread that you could break your teeth on. The spa was also excellent and the gym must have the best views of any. The negatives are the lack of maintenance arouind the place such as peeling paint in the bathroom, vinyl floors that needed a hard scrub, a tv that broke and the replacement was worse, a lack of sky channels, a lamp with a loose wire.

Room Tip: Get a river view room. Be prepared to overlook some lack of maintenance.
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here with my husband and our two young children, a three years old and a seven months old in the Presidential Suite for three nights. It was for our wedding anniversary so I wanted to surprise my other half with something special, luxury and pampering and we were very happy of my choice of the suite, especially the big bathroom with double shower heads, double vanity sinks and a big spa bath. It was very thoughtful of the hotel to offer us a complimentary bottle of bubbly in an iced bucket accompanying with a lovely note on our arrival. There is a kitchen in the suite which is fully furnished with cooktops and a dishwasher but strangely without a microwave, which is a necessity for us travelling with young kids.
The prearranged diner in the Wine Cellar on Valentine's Day was very special to us as the hotel had set it up and ready for us when we arrived. They were also very accommodating when we arrived at 8.30pm for dinner and the kitchen closes at 9pm. We used the Cinema twice and my three years old daughter loved it, complimentary popcorn were also available if requested. I booked this hotel for us on the last leg of our holiday before returning to Sydney as all I wanted to do was to relax and we did just that. We enjoyed the jacuzzi on the balcony with champagne and cheese platters almost everyday that we were there and the view over the Shotover River with the Jet boat passing by were priceless. I had a massage while I was there and it was good. We also used the marble bath, the hot tub and the pool and loved it. The Roman pool is beautifully presented and the shower area is a work of art.
Including in our room rate are return transfer to the airport, free Wifi (fast & efficient) $100 spa credit, daily room service, so at $450 per night including a roll away bed for our daughter, I find it fairly reasonable. The super king bed were so comfy, one of the best sleeps I had on this holiday. It is true that the hotel appears to reduce costs to be competitive as no one offered to help out with our luggages when we arrived and there is no lift in the hotel, though to be fair Hanna helped my husband to carry the grocer shopping in our pram upstairs the next day. I suppose if we were to stay at a five star hotel with porters and high staff ratios for a better service, we would be required to pay more for the same quality of the room that we had, so something has to give. Nothing is perfect unless you are prepared to pay more so in the end what is more important to you. We were very happy with our stay and will certainly be back in winter time as Coronet Peak is only 15 minutes drive from the hotel. Thanks to all the staff including Emma, Hanna, Jess and Maria (my masseuse) for a memorable holiday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We arrived at 3pm after a lengthy drive, we were unable to use the pool, get a meal, get a massage, or go to the bar before 6pm. Extremely disappointing considering the exceptional views and room. There appeared to be only one person there offering anything that even remotely resembles customer service (although, I was completely ignored when standing at reception after calling for 20 mins). I may stay again, but I'll be making preparations I wouldn't have to bother with elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014