Although this hotel is quite old and a little jaded, it still has very comfortable rooms and offers good value for money. it's just on the edge of town and absolutely on the lakeside so it's away from the noise of town but still within easy walking distance to everything; Queenstown being a fairly compact town and fairly flat. The hotel rooms have comfortable beds and are warm and cosy. They do offer rooms without a view of the lake at cheaper prices for those on a budget but if you can afford it it's well worth paying the extra for the spectacular view; of course the higher the floor the better the views, there are 6 floors.
The reception staff are friendly and efficient, we didn't use the restaurant because there are so many good and cheaper options in town, especially for breakfast, having said that again the restaurant has spectacular views, they also do a drinks in the evening so you can watch the sunset over the mountains. All in all a very good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown