Check in was smooth and quick but the one issue I had right away was parking. There was none out front and the person checking me in said it was on a first come basis but I could check the back. I went to the back on got the last space which was tight as someone took too much space. I decided that I wasn't moving my car for the 2 nights I was there as I wasn't fighting for a spot. The hotel is within easy walking distance to town so you don't really need a car.
Anyway, somehow I got a lakeview room on the 9th floor which offered amazing views. The room was very spacious and had a mini refrigerator which is always nice. The bed was comfy and there was a balcony. The bathroom was decent but could definitely use an upgrade as it was quite tired. My biggest issue was the pack of soundproofing. I could hear my neighbours tv which was annoying but when trying to sleep, I could hear everyone in the halls and the closing on doors. The walls are paper thin. Luckily I had earplugs. I would recommend them if you are a light sleeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown