Thanks to the helpful reviews on Tripadvisor, I asked for a high floor room - preferably not the 9th floor - as warned by other reviewers. To my horror, when we checked in, we got the 9th floor room next to the elevator. I asked the guy at the check-in desk if there were any other rooms and he informed us that there were absolutely no other rooms since the Royals were in town.
We accepted our fate and my wife and I went to the 9th floor in hopes that it wasn't as bad as other reviewers had said. Unfortunately, the reviews were correct. Although the room was a nice size, the bathroom is antiquated and the view of our room was over the car park and jacuzzi a floor or two below. The floors were stained, yet the worst part was a stench that pervaded the entire floor - not just our room.
My wife and I went down to reception and talked to a wonderful and helpful woman who helped us get another room on the first floor that didn't have the smell and had a newer bathroom. We were much happier. Had we got this room initially, I would have rated the hotel higher - the hotel is in a great location and easily within walking distance to town. Had we been stuck with the same room, I would have rated this hotel much lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown