We stayed at Rydges Queenstown overnight at the start of our NZ trip and again at the end of our trip. In both cases, we had booked a "Superior Lake-facing King" room. In neither case was there a good view of the lake. The first room had a lovely tower outside the window, the second had a "veranda" that was about 15 metres wide with a nice view of the car park.
Both rooms were old and tired, the bathrooms showed serious signs of wear and tear. To get to our first room involved a trip up one elevator to the 6th floor, a long walk down a couple of corridors, another elevator to the 8th floor and then another corridor.
The car park was, apparently, not up to the task of handling all the guests as the driveway was usually a mess of badly parked cars - almost a maze to get to the front door.
Reception and check-in was average, at best, with not enough staff and those that were on duty not being familiar with the computer reservation system.
Overall, there are better options available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown