Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$173
US$231
US$218
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$134
  • Room Service
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$99
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$127
  • Pool
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$124
Hilton
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$262
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$128
2,240 results
All reviewslake facing roombit datedamazing viewstown centrebeautiful lakelakesidemountainsremarkables
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Rydges Queenstown had welcoming female reception staff there was one member that i felt was rude. I stayed in a superior lake facing twin room on level 2 it had a great view of the Mountains and Lake. The rooms were clean and tidy, the bathroom facilities were to a dissapointment as they were extremely old and not up to date with the rest of the room. Overall it was a pleasant stay at the rydges but I only liked the room because of the view!!

Room Tip: If your staying at the rydges you really need to have a lake facing room or it isnt worth it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackspencer2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We booked for a long weekend at the peak of ski season in Queenstown. $440 for three nights was good value. The accommodation was clean and tidy but pretty basic and had no Lake view. We knew this would be the case. It could do with a freshen up. However, if you want to save some money for the other attractions of the surrounding area, this would be fine.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin M, General Manager at Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I trust you had a fantastic stay in Queenstown, and would like to thank you for taking the time to complete and post your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and will pass your feedback on to the team, guest feedback is important to us and very much appreciated.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here on our honeymoon and it was a lovely location. The place feels a bit aged but the view is second to none. Am staying here next week also, it's an awesome walk to Queenstown and a great way to start the day.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi there, Guest feedback allows us to improve our services and reward our outstanding team members. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and will pass your feedback on to the team.

Guest feedback is important to us and very much appreciated.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed for 7 nights. The food is just terrible. Much better to eat out. We had breakfast in the American diner In queenstown. Just great. I had a chicken burger and chips in the hotel. I can honestly say hand on heart that it is the worst chicken burger I have ever had. Just awful. This is simple stuff! How can they get it so wrong? I thought I would have a chocolate bar which was in the room. It tasted a bit weird. When I checked the packaging it was 2 months out of date. Couldn't be bothered to complain.

Overall the hotel is in a great location. That is all it had going for it. Rooms are small and dull. Staff look like they are in prison. Just look miserable, as long as you are looking for somewhere to sleep for the night then this hotel will be ok. If you want anything else then I would suggest check into another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank p0mz
Reviewed 4 July 2014

When we pulled up and went to check in, the lobby looked impressive and we were hoping for great, but unfortunately it wasn't . We had room 808 which is ground level on the back side of the hotel up the road on the hill. We had a tour bus parked outside our window which was ok until the early am when they started it to idle and then left early. The windows didn't keep the noise out. The room is also next to the outside door and was quite noisy. There were also loud banging all night long, but we couldn't tell if it was from room doors closing or something else, but it was loud and very annoying all night long. The room itself was ok in size, but the beds appeared to be bunk beds that had been cut in half and even for me being 5 ft 9 in, they were small and I hit the footboard. My friend who was 6 foot had his feet hanging over the end. Not comfortable. The bathroom was one big open area with a drain in the floor and no shower doors or curtain. The drain didn't drain properly and by the time I was almost done with my shower, I noticed that the water was heading toward the door into the bedroom to the carpet so I had to stop showering and wait for the water to drain before I could finish rinsing off. There appeared to be mold and rotted wood around the door frame into the bedroom so it appeared that this happens often. The room had a coffee maker and fridge, but no other appliances. The wifi worked well. It was an easy walk into town as well so the location in town is good. Overall, I would suggest another hotel, or at least a different section of the hotel if possible. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent feedback relating to your stay at Rydges Lakeland Resort Queenstown.
Feedback such as yours enables us to continually improve our product and service. I do apologise for the obvious displeasure you experienced with your accommodation. It will be discussed in our upcoming Guest Services Meeting to ensure improvement in the areas you mentioned.