Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$173
US$258
US$218
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$93
US$175
US$180
US$175
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$127
  • Pool
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$129
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$262
Central Ridge Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$138
Orbitz.com
2,240 results
All reviewslake facing roombit datedamazing viewstown centrebeautiful lakelakesidemountainsremarkables
Reviewed 19 August 2014

fairly old, generic hotel. small fridge, no HD tv, no electric blanket. toilet didnt flush well, paint cracked. very noisy next to pool and hot tub.service was ok, car parking is limited.wifi didnt work

Room Tip: avoid rooms on 6th floor near the pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Justin M, Manager at Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback relating to your stay at Rydges Lakeland Resort Queenstown.

I must apologize for the less than satisfactory stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to Rydges Lakeland Resort under more favorable circumstances.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Service at hotel was very good and access to city sightseen excellent. Only 5 min walk to city central.Rooms need refurbishment and also hotel itself needs new floor coverings. Having family holiday they didn't have anything for kids.No kids playroom .Breakfast was great and kids ate free also dinner time.Overall hotel was good just need more work done to make it updated.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Justin M, Manager at Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete and post your comments recently on Trip Advisor.

Please be assured that I will be discussing your feedback with the relevant Department to ensure our improvement in these areas.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location but the hotel is showing it's age. The walls are so thin we felt like we were sharing our room with our neighbours.

The breakfast was perfectly edible though more reminiscent of a B n B from the 1980's.

Conference facilities were pretty good and the view form the windows, absolutely stunning

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel was very busy and I had booked a basic room but was not happy with the standard of the room for the price they were charging. The staff immediately swapped me to a superior room for no extra cost. The rooms were clean with fantastic views. One downside is the noise level. I could hear the people above me walking around and even snoring during the night! I would stay here again but book a superior room from the start. It would definitely be worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a superior room with the views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Many thanks for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed in a deluxe lake view for 5 nights last week and was completely underwhelmed. Having stayed in a few Rydges resorts over the years, it's clear that there is a vast difference in the quality and service between each one - and this one is woeful! I had plenty of disappointing experiences with the hotel and its staff, but here are the main low points:

- the room view was nice enough, but somewhat marred by the view of the carpark and hotel tower.
- I ordered a cocktail (Amaretto Sour) at the bar and was given a lemon, lime and bitters (a very expensive LLB at $18).
- I left a half glass of wine in the room one evening and was surprised to see it still there the next day after the room had been cleaned. Out of curiosity, I left it there waiting to see how long it would stay untouched. After 4 nights, I got over it and cleaned the glass myself.
- there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom so condensation builds up. There's nothing more refreshing than the drip of cold condensation on you when having a hot shower.
- there were two electricity sockets in the whole room. One which we couldn't access beside the bed, and the other under the desk. It is incredibly annoying having to get down on hands and knees to plug in various appliances (phone chargers, hairdryers etc).
- the free Wifi is atrocious - kept dropping out or not working at all.
- service from every single staff member was lack lustre and non-committal.

All in all, I wouldn't go back to this 'resort'. It was a pretty dim place to stay in what looks to be a town full of much more luxurious and better priced accommodation. I would say the only good thing about this place was the location - 5 minute walk into town (10 minutes back from the pub).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends