All reviewsother guestscocktail hoursteep hillthe main houseevening drinksnew zealandpre dinnerwine tourbreakfast was deliciousbreakfast roommemorable stayeach morningb bsmilford soundour honeymoonwonderful hostswasher and dryer
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Louise could not have been more welcoming. our room was delightful & we were encouraged to be back from sight seeing to join the other guests for drinks at "happy hour". Which we enjoyed as it was a great opportunity to share travel tips & tales. Louise, the proprietor was extremely helpful & friendly.
The breakfast was a feast.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view are terrific , facing the Lake.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
louiseqt, Owner at Queenstown House Boutique Bed & Breakfast & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Thank You Sandie, glad everything was enjoyable for you, I find it most helpful when travelling to get the opportunity to engage with fellow travellers who have been where I am heading in a day or two which is why our get together in the evening is so popular, usually continues at the big breakfast table where our guests have the choice to join if they do not need a table for 2, "do not talk to me in the morning" table!! Kind wishes Louise

Reviewed 2 April 2016

We had a superb suite right next to the construction site and it didn't bother us a bit. Then again we are early risers. The evening get together of guests over wine and delectables was just great. I think everyone attended and discussions were lively. "Yes, we are from the US. Yes, we think the election process and the candidates are a disaster. Can we live here!" We all had fun! As indicated our suite was great. It was huge, and well appointed, and we would have liked to stay there for many more days.
Breakfast was very good. We showed up before the official start time as we had an event to go to and they accommodated us smartly. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: One of their wonderful suites
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
louiseqt, Owner at Queenstown House Boutique Bed & Breakfast & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

Thank you early birds, not missing a beat on your holiday in Queenstown, hope you can come back again.
We watch your election process with great interest and find it most interesting getting the views of people from all over the states and the world, what a fascinating world we live in with such a variety of nearly normal people...............
Kind regards Louise

Reviewed 2 April 2016

This charming B&B is located a bit above the town itself. Not far from town but a steep hill back up but, on the other hand, the view was very nice. Quite a big difference between the various rooms (we stayed in two different rooms) so choose a room with views of the town. Great personal attention. The evening was very nice. There were served beer/wine and very fine snacks of various kinds. It was easy to be sitting here and you barely needed dinner after all they offered. We got help to order takeaway food (we had a good Lamb Shank) and they set a table on the porch for us, all free of charge, very nice service. Good, plentiful breakfast with a wonderful view.

Room Tip: Washing possibiliteis (free of charge)
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, it is always challenging when deciding on which room to book. All our rooms have their own charm, top of the line beds and linen and I am mad about everyone having the pillow they like best.
Our Queen bed rooms are smaller and have a courtyard outlook, for a single traveller they are ideal, for 2 travelling with baggage that needs two sherpas to move and then store, not a good choice. We try to be very clear on our website with what the various rooms offer so as not to mislead, a good suggestion to check these out. wishing you happy travels, Louise

Reviewed 29 March 2016

From the moment I arrived I was made to feel very welcome. My room was perfect; very clean and 'home-like'. Breakfast was delicious and it was great being able to have breakfast whilst looking at the amazing view. Canapes in the afternoon meant I got to met the other guests. The staff were fantastic. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
louiseqt, Owner at Queenstown House Boutique Bed & Breakfast & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strive to offer a memorable time in Queenstown and delivering what I like to experience when traveling , having guests from all over the world is so inspirational, we love having the opportunity to interact with our guests and for them to interact with other holiday makers. Hope you can come again.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Here's the thing - the hotel by itself is wonderful. The staff was great - the room was fabulous (including a fireplace!), the view from the room was great - but being awoken every morning at 7:40 am to the sound of Hammers and BuzzSaws was not great. Added to the construction noise was the music the workers played - during the day we heard Heavy Metal, Rap, and Techno -If we were at a party that is one thing - but we wanted some peace and quiet. I know the hotel has no control over what goes on in the property next to them - but at the same time - I can't recommend a place where the construction noise is audible from 7:40 AM-6:30PM at night. Prior to arrival, we had visions of ourselves sitting on the balcony looking at the beautiful view - instead- we tried to close all windows and doors to deaden the sound of the sander. By all means stay at this hotel - but make sure the construction next door is completed first.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
louiseqt, Owner at Queenstown House Boutique Bed & Breakfast & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

I wish you had of mentioned this at the time and we may have been able to move you. The two apartments being built next door have been very slow, now nearly 2 years and they have been most considerate but I think the pressure is now on them to complete and this past week it has been most inconsiderate, i have begged them to turn of the music and will be talking to the project manageer again today. Fortunately it is nearing completion , end of June I understand. It has been a big concern for me but as it should have been completed months ago I am at their mercy. I am so sorry you did not get the experince you hoped for, I am at a loss to make amends as I dont know who you are.