“Couldn't have been more perfect”

The Dairy Private Hotel
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Glasgow, UK
“Couldn't have been more perfect”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here for the last few nights of our honeymoon and it couldn't have been more perfect. The breakfast is delicious and the afternoon tea so good we planned our days activities so as to be back in time for it every day! Loved the little touches like the library and honesty bar with local wines. We enjoyed the hot tub too, views of the mountains and a bottle of champagne- what a perfect end to our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a beautiful view of the Remarkables mountain range from the balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Easton, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was a little nervous about choosing a hotel online in a city halfway around the world from my home in Maryland, USA. Not to worry! What a fabulous experience! From the time we walked in the front door until we left, we felt like we were "home". Matt and Paul are masters of making you feel welcome. Whether it is directions to a local destination or a dinner recommendation, they are there for you. Rooms and furnishings are superb. Service is beyond top notch. Breakfast is fabulous...cereals, yogurt, fruit, amazing hot dishes and the best coffee ever! All of this delivered seemingly effortlessly by Matt and Paul. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about our experience at The Dairy. The location is perfect for exploring Queenstown. We had an early departure the morning we left and were so blown away that Matt and Paul made sure we had our breakfast (I would have hated to miss those Eggs Benedict!). Our stay at The Dairy was a highlight of our visit to New Zealand. Thank you, Matt and Paul! We will be back!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Having read previous Tripadvisor reviews and choosing The Dairy from them, we were not disappointed. Matt and Paul make it their mission to provide you with a holiday to remember. Tastefully appointed, quiet, relaxing and welcoming with local knowledge to suit your activity level or culinary needs. Location is brilliant and the township is not only on your door, but small enough to wander around and get familiar with quickly. Views of the Remarkables mountain range were stunning from our room and we were treated to a terrific choice of breakfast fruits, yoghurts, cereals, croissants, jams and a menu of half a dozen or more hot choices which were consistantly perfect everyday. Their attention to detail is amazing and nothing is too much trouble. Afternoon tea was worth getting home early for! Melt in your mouth freshly baked scones being the basis of your own little 'high-tea' selection of sweet treats. Coming home in the evening to a serene communal lounge room with the toasty fire going was bliss. The Dairy is suited to couples needing to get away and have a genuine break. By not accommodating children under 12, the ambience of serenity was unbroken. Friendships were made and socialising was your choice. Brilliant holiday and beautiful memories were made. Thanks Matt and Paul! We'll be back!!

Room Tip: We had room number 2 which has its own little balcony and looks across 'The Remarkables'
1 Thank Tracy S
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We loved this place. The breakfast is outstanding (as is the coffee). The afternoon tea is the same. The owners are incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are also excellent with an incredibly comfortably bed. We highly recommend this hotel.

Batam
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This review is a long time coming. My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary in January with some good friends at the Dairy and were blown away by their attention to detail and hospitality. I kept wanting to sit down and write this review, but procrastination got the best of me. It wasn't until I realized how often I refer to this experience in conversations with friends that I knew I had to write.

You can read all the other reviews and see how comfortable the beds are and how nice the afternoon tea is, but I want to focus on Paul and Matt's ability to do the little things well.

First, when we first arrived, check-in was a breeze...it was basically a conversation with Matt as he got to know us a bit better. After settling in, we came down to take a walk around town and Matt had a box of chocolates waiting for the two wives. In our initial meeting, he saw how their eyes lit up as he explained about the little chocolate house around the corner, so he decided to go and purchase them a box full of chocolates...very delicious I might add.

I must admit I was impressed by this deed as it produced immediate engagement and a display of genuine attentiveness to us as their guests. As a small boutique resort owner I wanted to test their service a bit just to see how good they were.

After a rainy day of adventure, we came back to shower and change before our evening meal. During the transition, I left my wet clothes to hang in the bathroom and also left a few remnants of my shave in the sink. Upon our return from a wonderful meal, I was impressed to not only see the sink and entire bathroom was spotless, but our dirty clothes were washed, dried, and folded. Now that is what I call service!!

I've used these stories and others from my experience at the Dairy with Paul and Matt to inspire and motivate my own staff. Thank you gentlemen for making our trip so memorable.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
Ventura, California
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at The Dairy for the first leg of our honeymoon and even though we read all of the wonderful reviews before we left, we were still blown away by the perfect location (literally steps from the center of town but up a small hill so it was quiet), the beautiful and comfortable rooms, delicious breakfasts and tea, hot tub, cozy atmosphere and attention to detail. It so apparent how much Matt and Paul take pride in the Dairy and care about making sure all of their guests have an incredible stay at the Dairy and in Queenstown. For anyone thinking about staying in Queenstown, treat yourself and stay at the Dairy, no doubt you will love it too!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel R
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the Dairy for our honeymoon. It was a perfect place! Everything was so nice and CLEAN (I'm talking vacuum lines in the carpet clean). The managers of this hotel have left no detail unnoticed. There are adapters for those foreigners. The view from our room (2) was amazing. Don't miss the afternoon tea as the treats are delicious. The breakfast is equally delicious. If we make it back to Queenstown again, the Dairy will be top on our list!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple