The Dairy is located up a small hill which gives you a perfect view of the lake, and extremely easy access to and from the centre of town. On getting off the bus, we didn't really know where to go, nor did the guy we asked for directions, but after a few minutes we found it. If lost, just head for the Gondola , the dairy is just a few minutes down from the attraction. It is also located near a campsite, so it can get normally noisy at times.
Our stay at the Dairy was perfect in every way. We stayed for 3 days, 26-29 December 09. The hotel is very nicely decorated, with a most welcoming reception / lounge area, with lush sofas, an open-fire, a trust bar (what a nice touch). Our room was small but very well designed, with a balcony so perfect for the early evening glass of wine whilst watching the world go by and admiring the view, perfect also as it was a bit hot during the night so it was nice to be able to open the balcony door. The room had all comforts expected for a bijou hotel, including a kettle with choice of teas/coffees/hot chocolate + a bottle of water. The bed was very comfy, the bathroom well equipped with a powerful shower. Very small drawback, not enough shelving area in the bathroom but don't let that put you off, because this is really a fantastic hotel. Elspeth the owner is so welcoming, attentive and helpful. Janelle our personal "helper" for our stay looked after us so well. She couldn't have been more helpful. She booked our excursion to Glenorchy for us, helped us find restaurants, dealt with our excursion to Milford Sound which got postponed because of the weather conditions on the morning of the flight. We felt very looked after, which is so nice.
The breakfast lived up to expectations (read all previous trip advisors's reviews, they are all true when it comes to the quality of the food). And as for the courtesy afternoon tea, a stroke of genius!! If you stay in Queenstown and you are after a special, memorable stay, the Dairy is definitely the place. There is free computer free of internet access downstairs and every room is given their own wifi code. Thank you all at the Dairy, you made our stay in Queenstown!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dairy Private Hotel, Queenstown is your perfect escape. Our boutique hotel is in the centre of Queenstown and yet private and quiet. The property is renowned for its excellent service from the minute that you walk through the door. We are able to assist with everything during your stay. We are happy to arrange forward travel, look after your luggage as you venture to Milford Sound or walk The Routeburn. Let us assist you with dinner reservations and some of the many activities that Queenstown has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Dairy Private Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dairy Private Luxury Hotel
- Dairy Private Luxury Queenstown