Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$376
US$173
US$258
US$218
Heartland Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$98
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$127
  • Pool
Villa del Lago(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$262
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$129
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Central Ridge Boutique Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
US$138
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgoldridge resortspa saunaelectric blanketsfree shuttlelake viewnew zealandfew minutes drivebus stoprestaurant staffbuffet breakfastgood sizeevery hourhotel shuttleshuttle servicestayed here for two nightscouple of nightstown centre
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Good points: The view from our room was stunning of the lake and mountains. Patio was nice in the morning to eat our breakfast. Big clean bathroom. Very clean.

Not so good: Parking for your room. Everyone has a car so try if you can to get there early otherwise you might have an interesting time finding space. Wifi didn't work even though we had to pay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank yorkiebar23
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Very good hotel, but fairly dated. we had room 109 - no problems, clean, with warmer in the room and bathroom, everything is working etc... but everything is dated. You would forgive a lot for the view especially considering that Queenstown is not the city where you would like to sit at home a lot ))
Location is very convenient, quiet, 5 minutes from the airport, 5 minutes from the city, parking on-site is available for free.

I absolutely didn't like the absence of internet. We literally couldn't connect nor in the room neither at reception. In the end we managed to connect and check what we needed at reception, but that is not the way internet should work in XXI century... Especially when you need to check that nothing has changed on next stages of your self-planned trip.

Room Tip: ask for a room with view in advance - in good weather it is very nice to have a cup of tea or glass of wine on a balcony with lake view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed a couple of nights here in early January 2013. The service I had was very good overall, no complaints about the food or in dealing with any of the people. The shuttle bus into town was very handy. However I thought the rooms were quite out-dated and in need of a spruce up. Furniture was old and scratched and the carpet quite worn. Curtains were plain scary! I also didn't like the shower over the bath, and with a shower curtain - ugh! If they spend some money and do the place up it could truly be a resort. The view from my room was fantastic (good excuse to keep the curtains open). When I checked out, no-one asked me how my stay had been, whether I was happy with my room etc.....just the little things that matter - Manager take note!

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view! Beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Goldridgeresort, Manager at Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thanks very much for your feedback - it is much appreciated.
The manager has taken note!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I expected more from a hotel that claims to be a "resort"! The lights were broken. Flush won't work. The receptist was very rude. We had been travelling for past 5-6 days and hence I had forgotten what type of rooms I had booked. When I asked the receptist this question, her reply was,"So, you don't know what you have booked?". How rude is that!
The tennis courts were terrible! The location is not too bad though since we had hired a car we could reach the shops etc in 10 minutes. Overall I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are very sorry to hear your experience was not up to your expectations. If there were any problems with the facilities such as lights and plumbing we trust you alerted staff immediately so this could be rectified straight away.

We pride ourselves in selecting outstanding, friendly and efficient staff and usually receive complements on our staff's performance. We are sorry you felt you didn't receive this kind of service.

We hope the rest of your journey was pleasant and we wish you well in your travels.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had a comfortable room with a great view of the lake. Also a yummy breakfast with an amazing variety of food.
The receptionist was also very efficient when making the reservation.
I think it is a good idea if you have your own transport but there is transport available if needed.

Room Tip: I would imagine most rooms would have a good view. It is the way the building is located.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple