“5 star all the way!”

Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Melbourne, Australia
“5 star all the way!”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Eichardts Private Hotel is a beautiful place to stay if you are looking for good views and a relaxing break.It is walkig distance from some lovely restaurants like Botswana Butchery,Ballarat Trading Co and Winnies.The staff alway make you feel welcome and it has a wonderful decor. It is definetly 5 star all the way!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Eichardts, General Manager at Eichardt's Private Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear AnnabelTravel

Thank you for your kind review of Eichardt’s Private Hotel. We certainly are in the best location in Queenstown, just moments to the best Queenstown has to offer, yet once you step inside the hotel it is a world of tranquillity and timeless elegance. We have a fantastic team here and it’s great to see you felt welcome. I was pleased you enjoyed your Eichardt’s experience and we look forward to welcoming you again at Eichardt’s.

Chris McIntosh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2011

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and very comfortable. Staff went out of their way to make our stay relaxed and enjoyable. Located in the heart of Queenstown so easy walking distance to all restaurants, shops etc.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Eichardts, General Manager at Eichardt's Private Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear audkm

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at Eichardt's Private Hotel. We certainly are situated in the prime location in central Queenstown! My team and I were pleased to see that you enjoyed our personalised and attentive service. We strive to be the best in the industry and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future when you next visit New Zealand.

Home Counties
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Perfect location overlooking lake steamer jetty etc and two minute walk to any number of restaurants. Breakfast and lunch and evening tapas (serious dinners not offered) are exquisite and available from delightful and friendly staff. Rooms magnificent even including movement-triggered floor lighting when a small excursion to the bathroom (with his and her sinks etc) is required in the middle of the night. Five rooms only plus bar and library/breakfast room. Interior wonderfully decorated with interesting artefacts. Some noise from early morning revellers at the weekend but given the hotels location this is probably unavoidable if you have a room overlooking the lake. Close to perfection.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear GLx,

Firstly, thank you for providing feedback regarding you stay with us. At Eichardt's we are committed to ensuring every part of your stay is taken care of down to the smallest of details - so that you can soak up the glorious views in our sumptuous suites, enjoy our award winning food and beverage options, and get the most out of your Queenstown experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and once again enjoying our hospitality

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I recently stayed at Eichardt Private Hotel in Queenstown for work for 2 weeks. When I called to make my reservation, I spoke with (whom I though) was a lovely helpful Guest Services person. I was told that this was not a busy time at this Hotel so I would be able to get a Mountain View suite for the Price of a Lakefront Suite. I thought what an AMAZING DEAL!! it's a couple hundred dollars less and I would enjoy the view better. Once I checked in to my room, The mountain view suite had little to NO view of the mountains AND had a better view of the abandoned building across the way. I bit the bullet since I was in fact.. according to the Guest Services person, getting a great deal. I got news of a family emergency and needed to check out right away.. That's when the nightmare began. When I tried to check 1 day early, they said they would still have to charge me for a FULL night. because they have a 7 day cancellation policy.. and they could not make ANY exceptions even though I had ALREADY stayed there a week.

When I got my final room charges I was shocked at the fact that NOT ONLY was I charged a FULL rate for that room which was NOT what I was promised, but they neglected to mention the NZ tax! Which was the equivalent to a night's stay in this room. They were not true to their word and when I tried speaking to a manager they stated that they couldn't help.

I plan frequent visits to New Zealand and I WILL NOT be staying at this hotel. They lied about nightly rates and did not describe the rooms properly. This was false advertising and a scam all the way around. Don't believe what the Guest Services people tell you. They will tell you anything to get a credit card on file.

I was deeply disappointed for the price charged, with poor service at almost every interaction with staff, the room was not at suite level and the view was far from what was described. Eichardt Private Hotel should be ashamed of this level of customer service. I would stay anywhere else but here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Rosieajon
Dear readers, as the new General Manager of Eichardt’s Private Hotel, I would like to briefly address the comments submitted by one of our previous guest. This guest complimented our staff members on several occasions on their exceptional service. The only account of any negative feedback received was at the time of checkout when the guest believed the room rate was incorrect. The previous General Manager was present at this time, and went through the confirmation email received by the guest which presented the room rate, exclusive of GST and took her through the guest bill for her upgraded room type which stated the final account, inclusive of GST. The confusion that led her to believe she was charged the wrong rate was the GST difference – this was never hidden from our guest, it was clearly stated on her booking confirmation - at no time did our guest ever mention to me that there was a family emergency. This guest was also hosted n the area by our Regional Tourism Organisation as a VIP guest – she had made a number of changes to her itinerary of scheduled activities with them during her stay in the region.
We of course were very upset by this review of our property as Eichardt’s prides itself on our exceptional service. Eichardt’s is renowned for the highest guest service levels – something which we extend to every guest and we take great pride in. I encourage you to please read through the numerous other reviews on our property and make your own judgment about the hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Stayed here at the end of an epic 3 week trip to NZ that encompassed 11 hotels/ lodges. We chose Eichardts for one night and to be close to the Queenstown airport for an early morning flight. So our stay was short, but we did have drinks at the bar and breakfast in the morning in the parlor.
The building is old, but has been refurbished to feel modern. The suite was comfortable, but not large by NZ standards. Furnishings in the room were certainly up to "decorator" standards, as was the rest of the hotel.
Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. There was not the customary buffet that we have become accustomed to in NZ. And the special order food was slow in coming and not exceptional.
Street noise outside at night was noticeable. It sounded like an abundance of pub crawlers looking for a place to continue their entertainment on the beach

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clark00
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We stayed, with our family, in the whole top floor of the cottages that are a few steps away from the main hotel. The situation is amazing- fabulous views across the ridiculously beautiful Lake Wakatipu, and for us the convenience of being self- contained and yet able to use the hotel facilities worked perfectly. There is not much to say other than that we all loved it. They take extraordinary care over the things that really matter (beautiful surroundings, comfort, warmth, good food and efficient service) and yet at the same time give you a feeling of unhurried, unfussy space and time to relax completely. (This is particularly important in Queenstown as once you leave the sanctuary of the hotel you are likely to be doing something terrifying or, even worse, watching your kids doing it instead. It is not called ‘the adrenaline capital of the world’ for nothing! ) I suppose the lasting memory is of the easy charm of the staff- they stop to chat just enough but not too much, they are polite, efficient and confident . A lovely hotel which I cannot fault, if you are looking for simple luxury in a stunningly beautiful location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank showthemwonders
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Very difficult to describe Eichardts without throwing superlatives around. The place is probably the best hotel experience I have had in 40 years of travelling. The rooms are glorious: not over decorated, but done with elan, and the result is friendly and welcoming. The staff are also friendly and welcoming, while not being too effusive...just very professional. I do look for things that don't 'fit' but I could not recall anything that appeared so. The reviewer who only gave this place an 'average' rating must be very, very particular. Oh well. To me its simply THE best!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple