All reviewsthe kitchenhome away from homelounge areaminute walkamazing views of the lakestayed for nightshosteltownsleephosts
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Loved our stay, thank you! <3 Hosts were warm, friendly, inviting. Shower pressure was awesome. And was a sweet, homely stay and feel, for myself, partner and our 7 year old boy. Lovely views and open layout in communal area of kitchen and lounge area. Can't wait to return. Thank you

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here, and always had similar experiences. The lodge hosts are always welcoming and sensible people that keep the place running efficiently. It's well priced and i don't know why more NZers don't stay here. Often there are older people staying, but mostly younger overseas visitors. Decor is cosy and homey, well equipped kitchen, and living area personable. Noise could be an issue, but lodge hosts seem to keep that under control. I'd stay here again for my budget Queenstown sojourns.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. The place is clean, very well located and our room had a great view of the lake. People of the lodge are very friedly, however on our last day some guys were doing some kind of party and making noise until late, so we didn't sleep well. But it seems that they even were not in our lodge, maybe were invited by someone that no one could identify until the moment we leaved the lodge. Even though we recommend the place, we had really nice time there.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

The manager was very, very nice and helpful, the internet worked well, the double room was large and comfortable. The lounge was inviting and the view from the porch is awesome! Only the bathrooms were a bit outdated.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I stayed at 2 hostels during my short stay in Queenstown, and loved Butterfli lodge! About a 10 minute walk off the main drag (but really, the entire town is tiny anyways). Had a lovely quiet welcoming atmosphere with a gorgeous view. I stayed in the 4 bed dorm, and it was wonderful, lots of outlets, and 2 clean bathrooms nearby. I would highly recommend this homey hostel to anyone wanting to get out of the party hustle bustle of Queenstown. And as an added bonus they even coordinated mailing me my kindle reader when I left it in my rush to get to the bus! Thanks Butterfli Lodge!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo