“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 43 Queenstown B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We had a very comfortable room with stunning views of the lake.

Alex, the host, was extremely hospitable and cooks a delicious breakfast. Good location for exploring Queenstown.

Very family friendly, Alex was great with our 1yr old.

Room Tip: Room 6 - nice size, good views of the lake with a balcony with chairs and a table.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We had a great time and the staf was very informative and helpfull!!!! We stayed for three nights beggining of december. The breakfast was delicious with everything you could wish for . The staf and owner was very friendly and gave us all information we needed. The rooms were cosy but we wish they could be a bit larger. the rooms were very clean and fresh towels were there every day. The view to the lake was magnificent....

• Stayed December 2012
Stockholm, Sverige
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

I was glad to be able to stay here for three nights while in Queenstown. I would gladly stay here again. Also, the price is not too high. This b&b is great value for very little money spent. The breakfast included is very nice aswell.

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My partner and I don't usually stay in B&B's but the Chalet in Queenstown had everything a B&B should along with lots of attention to detail. The hospitality was fantastic as was the comfy bed and breakfast was great. Only negative was the small room and tiny bathroom. Great location - we walked into town each night for dinner so didn't need to worry about having a wine and driving.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Me n my husband stayed here during our honeymoon in Queenstown. We only stayed there for 2 nights out of 6 nights, I wish we could stay longer, but we've booked another accommodation in advance (we extended our trip 2 days longer quite last minute).
Yes the room was small, but not too small. Love the bathroom, so clean and interiors are so cute. I love the hints of red colour everywhere in the room: the drapes, throw pillow, towels and floor mats...
When we told Alex that we had to go on early trip the next morning, he left a breakfast tray on our table. The breakfast tray was amazing. I love the peaches and yoghurt. The second morning I had delicious poached egg with bacon n english muffins. The pesto on the plate sides was amazing too.
It was 5 mins walk to town, but coming back took slightly longer because of the uphill (little bit of exercise is good).
It might be a little pricey, but you couldn't put a price on cleanliness n comfort. The bed was also very comfortable.

Room Tip: We got room number 6, the view was allright, but I think there should be rooms with better view. Our...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I must admit I had no idea what to expect booking into The Chalet for this trip to Queenstown, but to say we were pleasantly surprised would be a global understatement!
From the moment we arrived I was struck not only by Alex's amazing hospitality but also the beautiful attention to detail in every facet of the place. It's a modern take on a BnB, matching beautiful decor with that feeling of being at home away from home. It's only 5 minutes to walk to the centre of town, so it's massively convenient. Our rooms were warm, immaculately tidy, and, all the finishing touches were so thoughtfully placed. AND to top it off, the European Breakfast we got was SO good!!! We had bacon and eggs, muesli, cereals, toast... With options to suit everyone.

As you can tell, I'm leaving very impressed!

If you're looking for a great place to stay in Queenstown at a really good price, then I would give The Chalet my highest recommendation!!

This is definitely the place I'll be hoping to stay when I'm next in Queenstown.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Samantha W
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We booked one night at the Chalet through I-site at Christchurch Airport - what a pleasant surprise! We arrived after dark after driving from Christchurch, so did not get a good feel for the view from our patio doors. What an amazing view we woke up to! Across the lake to the snow-covered mountains. Wow. Beautiful. Our breakfast, cooked by Alex, was more than expected - I loved the added touch of the drizzle of pesto around the plate of scrambled eggs and some of the best bacon I've ever tasted. Delicious! We now have to plan another trip to New Zealand "some day", with at least a week in Queenstown.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple