“Moonlight stables”
Review of Moonlight Stables

Moonlight Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on an exciting horse trek riding through specacular country on a deer and sheep station overlooking the moontains and river. Only 15 mins drive from Queenstown. Enjoy our responsive horses and meet a truely local family. A real kiwi experience! Your trip will be personalized to your riding ability to ensure the best possible experience. Your safety is our priority.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Moonlight stables where so helpful by picking me up from arrow town . The horses are happy and well loved , the stables are kept very clean and presented well.
Janice and Geoff are wonderful hosts and have that southern NZ hospitalailty that is so welcoming .
I will definitely be back

Date of experience: August 2018
in 3 reviews
"enjoyable ride"
"feel confident"

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Truly a great experience for riders of all abilities. The girls went above and beyond to cater to everyone and make the ride one I'll always remember. Amazing people, spectacular scenery and beautiful horses with the coffee and yarn after the ride being almost as enjoyable as the ride itself.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Our visit to Moonlight Stables was our second horse ride during our Queenstown trip. We had a bad experience in our first ride and didn't want to leave Queentown with the bad memory.

We had 6 in our group when we visited Moonlight Stables, ranging from beginner to advanced. Janice and Zoe catered so well to all levels with the beginners having constant attention to ensure they felt comfortable and had a safe experience. The experienced riders were able to ride at their leisure and trot/canter while taking in the beautiful property's sights.

I would highly recommend Moonlight Stables, not only was this an amazing authentic riding experience, however a chance to meet some down to earth locals. Their horses are all well looked after, have their own personalities and do not just follow in a boring line like other companies. Do not go past Moonlight Stables, cannot wait to come back!

1  Thank Brittany J
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I am not a big horse rider... however my wife and friends talked me into it so I went with reservations. This place did not disappoint and quickly removed my hesitance. Zoe and Janice (Mum) were amazing and made the whole morning so much fun. The horses were so well behaved and allowed someone like myself ( a non rider) or someone like my wife ( a passionate horse rider) to get everything we wanted out of the ride. Both Zoe and Mum made sure we were safe while also allowing us to enjoy ourselves and ride the horses to our own content, while seeing some of the truly spectacular beauty of this gorgeous part of the world.

I highly recommend Moonlight stables not only for the lovely experience on a horse, but also the opportunity to meet lovely local people that show you a fun time and are so caring and friendly.

1  Thank Sam B
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This was our second attempt at horse riding in Queenstown due to a dissapointing first experience. This time Zoe and Janice gave us an AMAZING experience and i am dying to go back and do it all over again. They were so friendly and approachable. We had 7 in our group and they were able to cater for all levels of experience. They went above and beyond making sure they took unbeatable photos for us to take home. It was especially wonderful being allowed to trot and canter on horses that were responsive to their riders rather than just follow the leader.

If your looking for horse riding options for Queenstown do not go past Moonlight Stables. Thankyou again to Zoe and Janice. You are wonderful people and hoping to come back again one day!!

1  Thank KateDawson91