“Best ever riding experience”
Review of Moonlight Stables

Moonlight Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on an exciting horse trek riding through specacular country on a deer and sheep station overlooking the moontains and river. Only 15 mins drive from Queenstown. Enjoy our responsive horses and meet a truely local family. A real kiwi experience! Your trip will be personalized to your riding ability to ensure the best possible experience. Your safety is our priority.
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and my two girls 10 and 12 had a great ride they said the scenery was magnificent and the horses were well groomed, gentle and calm! The stable is so well managed and clean, unlike other stables we visited! We are amazed that there is a 35 years old horse in the stable, the oldest horse on earth I believe and they are keeping him well with love! I just felt sorry I didn’t ride with them due to an accidentally fall from stairs at the ski field just the day before! The fee for adult and kids ride are really reasonable and I highly recommend the Moonlight stable for everyone who wants to have a memorable ride! Will definitely come again!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"enjoyable ride"
"feel confident"

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Thanks for a great ride today! We had Jenny as our guide who was lovely and passionate. This ride catered for all levels of experiences and the trail was very scenic. Great family run business

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had booked in on another day however due to cancellation of Milford sound we called moonlight in hoping they could change our day around. Not only did they do this within half an hour or our due ride time starting they also sent transport to collect us and take us out to the stables. Upon arriving we were greeted with a friendly face (Jenny) and off we went. We were so lucky to have scored a ride with just the three of us where were we able to have a decent ride with having experience and not having to wait for others. Jenny was so knowledgeable and easy to speak to and just made the experience super enjoyable. Bear my horse was awesome, such a good ride! Thanks so much guys we really appreciate you accomodating us and we will most certainly be back and be referring friends!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Moonlight stables where so helpful by picking me up from arrow town . The horses are happy and well loved , the stables are kept very clean and presented well.
Janice and Geoff are wonderful hosts and have that southern NZ hospitalailty that is so welcoming .
I will definitely be back