Review Highlights
Amazing Riding Experience 🐴❤️

Thankyou to the lovely ladies at Moonlight Stables! Amazing views and beautiful well looked after... read more

Reviewed 16 October 2018
Kate C
via mobile
Moonlight Stables - Great ride with great views.

Reviewed 27 September 2018
SeeRock H
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Queenstown
from US$163.40
from US$173.20
from US$68.20
from US$162.30
More Info
All reviews horse riding riding experience trot and canter lovely horses deer farm experienced riders great ride morning ride ride faster acre property nervous rider camera phone safety video beautiful morning single file beautiful scenery enjoyable ride
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

The horses were gentle and easy to ride. The views were wonderful with views of sheep & deer. Friendly & helpful staff.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic morning out with Janice and Zoe, and the lovely group who were happy for me tag along with them! Stevo was a really good ride, felt completely at ease with him and it's been a long time since I felt like that on a horse. So good to be back in the saddle and enjoying it!
Awesome photo opportunities, too - thanks!
The horses are happy and well cared for, Zoe and Janice are lovely plus Janice very helpfully picked me up and dropped me off - much appreciated!
I will definitely come back to Moonlight next time I'm in the area. Thank you!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and my two girls 10 and 12 had a great ride they said the scenery was magnificent and the horses were well groomed, gentle and calm! The stable is so well managed and clean, unlike other stables we visited! We are amazed that there is a 35 years old horse in the stable, the oldest horse on earth I believe and they are keeping him well with love! I just felt sorry I didn’t ride with them due to an accidentally fall from stairs at the ski field just the day before! The fee for adult and kids ride are really reasonable and I highly recommend the Moonlight stable for everyone who wants to have a memorable ride! Will definitely come again!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Thanks for a great ride today! We had Jenny as our guide who was lovely and passionate. This ride catered for all levels of experiences and the trail was very scenic. Great family run business

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had booked in on another day however due to cancellation of Milford sound we called moonlight in hoping they could change our day around. Not only did they do this within half an hour or our due ride time starting they also sent transport to collect us and take us out to the stables. Upon arriving we were greeted with a friendly face (Jenny) and off we went. We were so lucky to have scored a ride with just the three of us where were we able to have a decent ride with having experience and not having to wait for others. Jenny was so knowledgeable and easy to speak to and just made the experience super enjoyable. Bear my horse was awesome, such a good ride! Thanks so much guys we really appreciate you accomodating us and we will most certainly be back and be referring friends!