“Nice hotel with good service and location”

Novotel Queenstown Lakeside
Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
“Nice hotel with good service and location”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I spend 5 nights in Queenstown with my fam, which 2 nights were at Novotel. My first impression, it's quite an old building, but when it start with the check in process, all the impression is changed with a good one. Ms Shi who help with the check in process was very helpfull and informative, she explain all things that might be needed, and help us make reservation for dinner (even it should be done by concierge)

The hotel itself is well situated, located near lake, but also in walking distance to center of town where many cafe and restaurant located, also near to many attraction the town offer.

The hotel also offer a valet parking for $20 for a day, it's very convinience since we just need to drop the key or call reception to get the car ready

I definetely recommend this hotel for it service and location

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

novotellakeside, Manager at Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear HadiTjia,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback relating to your experience at Novotel Queenstown Lakeside. I appreciate your comments and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay. Please rest assured that we will recognize Shi for her efforts and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Impeccable service from our waitress ( from Bulgaria ), in the "Elements" restaurant at the hotel when we called in for a casual dinner. We had the duo of lamb plate, which was very good, but something green on the plate would have really lifted the taste & presentation.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
novotellakeside, Manager at Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Robin,

We appreciate the time you have taken to tell us about your most recent stay at Novotel Queenstown Lakeside. Our staff always try to offer the best possible service and I am delighted that we were able to this by offering top service. I acknowledge your comments relating to the food and have passed these onto our Executive chef to consider when designing our new seasonal specials.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

What a great hotel! Stayed for 2 nights at the end of July and was very pleased overall. Front desk staff was helpful with the check in process. Was tired after a long trip from Christchurch, so ordered room service. It arrived in less than 10 minutes and was excellent! Breakfast was included in my rate, so ate there both mornings. What a great selection - fruit, made to order eggs and omelettes, cereals, juices, other hot breakfast items - yummy! Got back to the hotel late the 2nd night, so opted to grab some dinner from the bar. Got 3 different tapas (and a glass of wine) and it was all excellent. Plus you get 30 minutes of internet when you buy something there. (More on the internet later). The next morning, the staff was very helpful in recommending a place for lunch (Flame), which had the best steak sandwich I've ever had.

The only negatives about this property would just be related to the internet allowance and the lighting in the rooms. You are allowed 8 MB a day free (I had a laptop and a smartphone so was able to get that on both), but it sure would be nice to have more than that. There are 2 computers in the lobby to use, which are nice, but after a day of sightseeing in Queenstown and the surrounding area, what you really want to do is share pictures of your adventures...and having a limit makes it hard to do that. (You can purchase a bigger allowance). I guess I just got spoiled by my hotel in Christchurch since it had unlimited free wi-fi. Ended up sending pictures once I got to the Queenstown airport, as they have free unlimited wi-fi. So long story short, the free allowance is definitely nice, but it doesn't take much to use it up. The only other (very minor) thing I noticed was the lighting in the rooms. Even with all the lights on, it just seemed a little dark. Maybe a few more lamps would help?

Overall, very very pleased with my stay here. Great staff, amazing location, excellent food. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a view of the lake. I was in the back of the property looking out on the botan...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kayak430
Dear Kayak430

Thank you for your in depth feedback and review.
I am particular please that you were able to enjoy and sample the diversity of our food and beverage offering. The hotel has placed a decent amount of emphasis on this area showcasing variety and local produce. I acknowledge your comments relating to the internet and as per previous posts this is something under continual review.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I am a great Novotel fan and love this location. We stayed 3 nights recently and we really enjoyed our room and our access to the shops and so on. The reception staff were helpful.

But be warned - do not eat dinner here.

The food is bland, the service more glacial than the mountain ice - by that I mean slow. So slow we thought our lovely waiter was actually cooking the food himself. Two courses took 1 1/2 hours to serve and there were 2 other people in the restaurant. They were getting very scratchy too. The food when it came was bland and boring. Even a glass of wine took 15 minutes to appear after ordering. We were lucky we weren't making this night our only meal out in Queenstown.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the town side have good outlooks.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cath H
Dear Cath H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Novotel Queenstown Lakeside.

Please accept my apologies relating to your experience in our F&B department, we normally receive positive feedback however on this occasion I believe we have fallen short of expectations of which I am very disappointed. Please rest assured that we take all comments seriously and I will personally be looking further into this to avoid this occurring again.
Overall, I hope this doesn’t discourage you from returning to stay with us in the near future and should you wish to discuss this further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on h5308-om01@accor.com

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

In a town lacking in mid-range accommodation, we found the Novotel a perfect option. Prices were reasonable, it was modern and stylish, staff were friendly, the room included everything we needed except maybe a microwave. EVERYTHING in town is within a 3-4 minute walk, most of it within 1-2 minutes. Yes, our room was a bit small, but we spent most of our time snowboarding so were only in it long enough to change before going out to dinner, then back again to sleep. You get half an hour of free wifi a day which was plenty considering most restaurants, pubs and bars offer free wifi if you dine/drink there. The concierge arranged our daily transfers to the mountains and was very helpful with anything else we needed. We'd definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ABowman5

I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback relating to your most recent stay. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the location and that our concierge team were able to assist you with booking transport and various other transfers.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Good location just on the edge of the center of the town but since Queenstown is so small, you can easily walk everywhere. Chic lobby and bar. Typical Novotel – clean, sleek and stylish with coffee/tea, mini bar, safe, etc. but extremely compact rooms. Bathroom had a pocket door since there was no room to accommodate the swing of a regular door.

Parking is $20 NZ in their garage or $11 in the lot around the corner. Very restrictive free wifi: 8mb or ½ hr, whichever comes first.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear alf99,

Thank you for posting feedback relating to your most recent review. I appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here quite a bit. Overall it's ok the rooms are starting to feel dated compared to other hotels.

On the whole it's comfortable and clean but I don't particularly like being on the ground floor next to the street or lake. Bit too much noise for me when relaxing in the evening, call me fussy I like the quite. The air conditioner is nice but can be noisy during the night in several other rooms I have stayed in, however in room 113 no issue.

Check in took a while and when first offered room 101 a polite no thanks and they moved me without fuss which was appreciated.

Food in the morning was good at the restaurant and a good selection offered. If you do want nice breaky head out the main doors and to the right for a small cafe on the corner, excellent food and service.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Keith A
Dear Northcross,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your most recent stay at Novotel Queenstown.
I am glad that we were able to move your room to another location on the ground floor but apologize for not being able to move to a higher floor. Upon your next stay, please indicate your preference and we can update your profile to try and accommodate this request for future stays.
With regards to the noise issues from the heatpumps – these have been a recent addition to our standard rooms in the hotel and we are still working through some solutions to reduce or eliminate this noise. We have successfully trailed a solution in which we will be implementing across the hotel in the near future – however thank you for your feedback.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.