I have stayed at this hotel numerous times as a corporate traveller booking my entire staff inand was always impressed with the cost/service/comfort ratio that it offered. I also loved the warm feel, and more boutique feel that it offered. Also, high on our favorites list was the wine and cheese evenings that created a great atmosphere.
That was then.
It would now appear to have changed hands, or at least management. My wife and extended family here from Russia stayed this this month
Whilst still the same building, it is not what it was as far as staff and feel goes.
WIne and cheese has been replaced with a Malaysian type snack. This was not told at booking - we had been charged extra for wine and cheese and my family looked forward to this, which was always held on the lower level. The place reeks of oriental type cooking and smelt like a Chinese takeaway shop. Baskets of unwashed laundry sat in public areas for hours and in general, it was felt, the place had gone backwards.
Not a bad place to stay, but we will now look elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central Ridge Boutique Hotel (“Central Ridge”) is perfectly positioned right in the heart of Queenstown, and it is a stone throw away from dozens of restaurants, outdoor cafes, and recreational activities that occupy the breezy waterfront and easy-going pedestrian malls. Central Ridge offers well-appointed, cozy and spacious rooms with a comfortable bed and continental breakfast. The team have plenty of local knowledge to guide and advice to you the best restaurants in town, fun filled outdoor activities. The attractions nearer to Central Ridge Boutique Hotel includes:- - Pedestrian mall at Queenstown centre (walking distance 2-3minutes); - Restaurants and outdoor cafe along side waterfront at Lake Wakatipu (walking distance 4-5 minutes); - Queenstown Garden (walking distance 2-3 minutes); - Steamer Whaft for the cruise “Lady of the Lake” to Walter Peak. They said no trip to Queenstown is complete without a cruise to Walter Peak High Country Farm (walking distance 4-5 minutes to Steamer Whaft); - Skyline Gondola (walking distance 10 minutes); - Coronet Peak ski area (driving 20 minutes) - Remarkable ski area (driving 40 minutes) - Vineyard tour activities (driving about 20 minutes) Our boutique hotel offers a very unique experience. We balance the privacy of a large hotel with the personal service of a boutique bed & breakfast. Queenstown accommodation doesn't get any better than Central Ridge Boutique Hotel, with its excellent value for money, and exceptionally high standards of accommodation, in-room massage, cafe and guest customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Central Ridge Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central Ridge Boutique Queenstown
- Hotel Central Ridge Boutique