We were attracted by the reviews here and the fact that we generally prefer small, boutiquey character hotels. Honestly I cant understand how these reviews have been posted- and apparently thisplace won a Trip Advisor award last year!! Have to say there are a few of these 'so called' awards that we have seen posted or advertised that suggests all is not well with the policing of the posters we have seen.
The staff are all family of the owners I think, and very friendly and welcoming- They assisted us in selecting a room ( they have regular rooms which is better than a deluxe which is what we had booked- go figure!). Thats the best that can be said of the hotel
It was tired, needed renovating and some TLC- the room space was large and town centre minutes away - but it was a throwback from the 80/90's really in need of updating- In places it was grimy (reception was dusty and had dead flowers in a vase) and the dining room was not inviting for breakfast - which is Queenstown can be bought at lots of great places inexpensively.
We got a rate of $197 - I think this is expensive for what we got- We moved to the excellent and brilliantly located, Crowne Plaza which was $50 more and worth every penny- We did see that rates for the rest of the week in this dump were over $400 , Caveat Emptor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central Ridge Boutique Hotel (“Central Ridge”) is perfectly positioned right in the heart of Queenstown, and it is a stone throw away from dozens of restaurants, outdoor cafes, and recreational activities that occupy the breezy waterfront and easy-going pedestrian malls. Central Ridge offers well-appointed, cozy and spacious rooms with a comfortable bed and continental breakfast. The team have plenty of local knowledge to guide and advice to you the best restaurants in town, fun filled outdoor activities. The attractions nearer to Central Ridge Boutique Hotel includes:- - Pedestrian mall at Queenstown centre (walking distance 2-3minutes); - Restaurants and outdoor cafe along side waterfront at Lake Wakatipu (walking distance 4-5 minutes); - Queenstown Garden (walking distance 2-3 minutes); - Steamer Whaft for the cruise “Lady of the Lake” to Walter Peak. They said no trip to Queenstown is complete without a cruise to Walter Peak High Country Farm (walking distance 4-5 minutes to Steamer Whaft); - Skyline Gondola (walking distance 10 minutes); - Coronet Peak ski area (driving 20 minutes) - Remarkable ski area (driving 40 minutes) - Vineyard tour activities (driving about 20 minutes) Our boutique hotel offers a very unique experience. We balance the privacy of a large hotel with the personal service of a boutique bed & breakfast. Queenstown accommodation doesn't get any better than Central Ridge Boutique Hotel, with its excellent value for money, and exceptionally high standards of accommodation, in-room massage, cafe and guest customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Central Ridge Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central Ridge Boutique Queenstown
- Hotel Central Ridge Boutique