“Absolutely outstanding in every way”
Review of Villa del Lago

Villa del Lago
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Stop! Look no further - when visiting Queenstown we highly recommend staying at Villa Del Lago. Its location is excellent – a couple of minutes by car or a 20 minute walk along the foreshore trail to the town centre. Rooms are so quiet and spacious and the view from the stylish well-designed apartment is stunning across glorious Lake Wakitipu to the Remarkables. Impeccably clean and serviced daily, the apartments provided absolutely everything we needed. Finally, Lynne and Keith are exceptional managers who cannot do enough to make your stay truly special and memorable. Go and enjoy!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 November 2010

Villa Del Lago was the last place I stayed in NZ, and it was definitely one of the best. The staff were really friendly and helpful. They knew I was on my honeymoon, that I was meant to arrive late (I came early instead), and figured out who I was before I opened my mouth - exemplary customer service. The views were stunning, and the apartment itself was both clean and really nice. I can't recommend Villa Del Lago enough. It's about 2km from the main town itself, so make sure you're either happy to walk (it's a beautiful walk along the lake), or you have a car.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days, Lyn the manager made us so welcome from the minute we arrived. Lyn didn't just hand over the keys but came down to the unit with us and explained how appliances turned on etc. We had a one bedroom unit overlooking the lake with views that were just awesome, beautiful lake and snow capped mountains. The unit was very private and tastefully furnished, (dining table and chairs, full kitchen facilities with dish drawer, three seater sofa, gas log fire (wonderful), very comfortable queen bed and a patio with table and 2 chairs), ample space in the bathroom, and a washing machine and dryer (no charge). A short walk down some stairs takes you to the walking track the runs beside the lake all the way into Queenstown - easy 25minute walk. If steps are a problem you may need to speak with Lyn as there are quite a few to walk down to the one bedroom units. We loved Villa del Lago so much we are planning a return visit when we tour the North island next year.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We spent two nights here on our driving holiday around the south island and we were very impressed with the place. We had a one bedroom apartment which was very comfortable, modern, well Equipt and had plenty of room. Make sure you get one of the lower level rooms because the view is really breath taking and you can stroll down to the lake and pier. All in all I really liked the apartment. There is no heated pool, gym or restaurant but you get a comfortable, peaceful, relaxed apartment with the best views, friendly hosts and great location to Queenstown.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

We stayed here in Oct and enjoyed it a great deal. Clean, well laid out rooms, with a separate den/kitchen. amazing views to the lake. really nice to have a washer dryer as well. About a 20 min walk into town along the lake trail.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

Where do I begin !!
This was by far the best holiday we have ever had and it was all thanks to Lynn and Keith from the moment we arrived they could not of done enough for us they are the two most friendly people I have ever met whilst travelling and I urge anyone considering queenstown to stay here .
Lynn booked everything for us and knew so much about the area it was such a great help .
I myself am a very fussy person so for my honeymoon I wanted something special well this was the place .
By the time we left I was so sad to say goodbye to these guys (first place Ive ever stayed where you hug the owners on departure )
We are already planning our next trip over and then is no question as to where we are staying see you soon lynn and keith and thankyou so much
Amy and Stephen Paku

1  Thank mrspux
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment at Villa Del Lago and it was absolutely amazing! The decor and styling is modern and tasteful, it was super super clean (and we are fussy!) The view is to die for, it's lovely and quiet, safe, the staff are so friendly and helpful it is an absolute joy to stay here. There is a beautiful walking track on the lakefront (just outside your apartment door!) for a lovely stroll into town or a morning jog if you're so inclined. Sometimes you read reviews on TA and think it can't possibly be that good - it is and better, you definitely won't be disappointed, we weren't and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends