“Won't be back”

The Coffee Club
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Don't bother ordering hot chocolate, order hot milk as that's what you'll get if you order hot chocolate. The service late afternoon was appalling. We felt like we were an inconvenience to the staff. And the price was well over $6 for a large hot chocolate.

There are newer reviews for The Coffee Club

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have been frequenting the Coffee Club regularly for the past year and find the staff quite pleasant. Usually we have coffee and cake which is always nicely served and on occasions a main meal which is mostly of a high standard. We have noticed on the last two visits things seem tidier and cleaner and have heard it is under new management, so if that is so all the best to you and keep improving the standards. My only issue is sitting up the front of the restaurant is often very cold and maybe an air curtain would be a good investment. We will continue to support this business.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

My Daughter and I have been to The Coffee Club on several occasions as we like the menu and the kids area.

Our visit on this occasion was spoilt by 1) order of orange juice for my Daughter ended up in tomato juice being provided 2) order of hot chocolate ended up with mochaccino being provided 3) our toastie arriving 20 minutes apart from our hot chips but only after chasing this up. When I raised all of these separate issues with the male waiter he seemed disinterested and didnt even offer an apology.

This restaurant has gone down in my estimation. I will give it one more chance to improve otherwise I will take my custom elsewhere. You need to do way better Coffee Club!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was the second time we visited as the first time was good. Service was slow, the guy at the counter making coffees was happy to tell people to do things but wouldn't seem to do them himself, our food was ready and waiting on the service bar for nearly 5minutes while the waitresses walked past it, ignoring to check (even though the bell had been rung) and they were only restocking sauce, water, etc. The order was wrong after we specifically asked to change the order slightly (no seasoning on the fries) and the girl looked horrified when I walked if we could have our cokes before the order came out. The food was not so good, the fish and chips - bad - the fish reminded us of oversized fish fingers. We won't be heading back next time.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We chose this coffee place, because it was outside of the main touristy center of town. We were satisfied with our experience on our first visit - not the best coffee, but the service was friendly and it gave us a comfortable place to use wifi. Because of this experience, we came back the next day. As soon as we ordered our coffees and sat down, the gentleman came up to us and said we can only stay for an hour with no reason given. I laughed, thinking it was a joke. Then I overheard him tell his co-worker that we were there yesterday for too long. I would have been ok with it, if he told us up front that there was a time limit. Moreover, the place was virtually empty. After close to an hour, I started gathering my things to leave, and he made it a point to come up to us to remind us that we had to go. I was very frustrated by this experience, and we will never come back again.