“Very tasty”

Add it.
Moon's Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We went here 2 couples when we were staying at Millbrook. Tom Ka Ghai soup delicious as was the pad Thai. Actually I think all the dishes ordered were good so can recommend eating here.

There are newer reviews for Moon's Thai Restaurant

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We had the lunch deals and although it was very understaffed, I thought the food was excellent and pretty authentic. We had the Tom Yum and Pad Thai with chicken. The mark of a good Thai restaurant I think is how good they do the Pad Thai and it was pretty damn good with the flavour balance right. Would definitely recommend and the lunch deals make it cheap, 10 bucks.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Four of us ate here and all were disappointed. The curry puffs were under cooked, the management did kindly say they would take this off the bill. When the main meals arrived one was incoorrect and the waiter assured us we had definitely ordered this. We accepted it anyhow as we had already complained, big mistake. Worst mussaman curry I have ever had, hrs three of the four meals were very bland and tasted very similar. As my title says, don't bother!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Any self-respecting & authentic Thai restaurant would have a picture of the Thai king and queen and this one passes that test. The Thai pop music that plays softly in the background is a nice touch too. Chefs and server were all Thai so that was good!

The food is actually quite authentic given what they have to work with. A quick look through the menu and you can see that they can't get (or perhaps it's not cost efficient to stock up on) some Thai ingredients such as papaya (for papaya salad or somtam) or the much-adored glutinous rice (for mango sticky rice dessert). But that is understandable given that this is not a big city like Christchurch.

We tried the
- squid salad: Squid was not overcooked (overcooking makes squid rubbery) and the Thai dressing was very tasty with its spicy, sweet and sour elements. Quite similar to the salads in Thailand!
- Tomyam soup with seafood: Tomyam soup actually tasted like someone did it from scratch and the seafood was generous with fresh and sizeable shrimp. Perhaps a bit too spicy for the average non-Asian but for me it was just right and I enjoyed every slurp.
- stir fried vegetables: fresh & tasty & crunchy, a godsend after many days of salads (as an Asian we prefer our veggies cooked)
- Basil pork/chicken/beef: Not authentic (the wrong type of basil leaf was used), wouldn't recommend.

I live in Asia and travel to Thailand at least 2-3 times a year and I was quite satisfied with this restaurant on the whole. Would recommend to anyone craving Asian and/or spicy food when you are in Queenstown!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Dined here twice with my wife whilst in Queenstown. On both occasions the food was excellent and was as god as traditional thi food we had in Bangkok previously. The prices were very good and with a few drinks certainly doesn't break the bank. When we dined there were very few diners present although we were in the off season.
If you like Thai food well worth trying.