“Terrible”

Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: *The popular Chinese eatery incorporates fresh and innovative Chinese flavours and a shared plate concept of eating *Choose from a variety of delicious Chinese dishes at the lively, quick and economical Me & Mee at the Kawarau hotel, managed by Hilton. *Children can dine for free at Me & Mee One child aged 12 and under, per paying adult, may dine for free off the children's menu. This offer is not available for ticketed events and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. *Crispy prawn crackers on arrival *Grab and go with Me & Mee's quick takeaway service
Auckland
“Terrible”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Have been before to me mee so returned. First thing we noticed the prices have sky rocketed - so you expect good food and good service. We got neither. Only white wine by the glass was sav blanc. No explanation on menu of what the food is so we asked the waitress she also had no idea so brought me over the chefs notes which were pieces of paper all written over. We then proceeded to wait 40 minutes for the food which had been initially delivered to the wrong table. Entree and mains arrived at the same time. My dish was in ediable ad the others were mediocre at best. To be fair a woman in a uniform arrived and she could probably see he chaos and tried to help. She did not charge us for my meal. Do not waste your time or money to eat at me mees

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank JoneseyAuckland

• Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

During a three night stay at the Hilton I actually came down with a bad sickness bug and therefore didn't actually leave the hotel that much so it was really handy having me & mee as a take away so it was a hassle free meal in the room.

We ordered over the phone and they took the hotel room number and called when it was ready to collect. The staff member on the phone was extremely friendly and polite and the food was really delicious. We had a dinner package included in the room price which meant the value was great! :)

We didn't eat in atall so I'm unable to comment on the meals eaten in the restaurant.

1 Thank Tasha200913
Vishal B, Manager at Me&Mee Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 April 2015
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our Honey lemon chicken dish and recommended to other visitors by posting review on Tripadviosr. I have shared you kind words with our kitchen team.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, the team and I look forward to once again welcoming you to Me & Mee in the future.

Kind regards,
Vishal
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Poor service, difficult to breathe in all the smoke, food mediocre”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was filled with smoke when we entered, and got worse as the evening progressed. My partner and I had to get our clothes dry cleaned after visiting this restaurant. The service was very slow - when I advised them that we had waited a very long for our food, it was explained that was because they were getting the takeout orders done. The food was not very special.

1 Thank Dion_C
Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
“Pretty disappointed”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

I have been here when it first opened a long while ago. Was not overwhelmed then. Tried it again a few nights ago with a group. Singapore fried noodles were actaully Singapore pad thai, very disappointed. I said to others at the table that I was unsure about the prawns and joked that I will probably get ill...sure enough that night. Service was very good and atmosphere was also up there. Need to sort out the food. I will go again but not in a hurry.

1 Thank Brett G
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The order was wrong - gave us BBQ Pork Noodle Soup rather than Pork Wonton Soup. We took takeaway back to the room, and didnt realise till we got there, so ate it anyway. It was excessively salty and oily. The beef fried rice was disappointing - overcooked, far too much coriander and chili. Basically consistent with other bad reviews.

2 Thank WayneSAdel
Desire H, F&B MANAGER at Me&Mee Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Good evening WayneSAdel,

Thank you for your posting regarding your experience at Me & Mee.

It is disappointing to note we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and that you received the incorrect order; we would have gladly replaced this on the night.

I will be sure to consider your feedback further during our upcoming menu review.

I truly hope we can again welcome you to Me & Mee in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,