“No taste & expensive”

Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: *The popular Chinese eatery incorporates fresh and innovative Chinese flavours and a shared plate concept of eating *Choose from a variety of delicious Chinese dishes at the lively, quick and economical Me & Mee at the Kawarau hotel, managed by Hilton. *Children can dine for free at Me & Mee One child aged 12 and under, per paying adult, may dine for free off the children's menu. This offer is not available for ticketed events and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. *Crispy prawn crackers on arrival *Grab and go with Me & Mee's quick takeaway service
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice location over by the Hilton Hotel, but the food I found was tasteless and expensive. Think twice before going. If you are staying at the hotel try one of the other Rest. instead. Service was not the greatest either.

2  Thank Elvis707

Reviewed 29 April 2014

In short: my 6-years daughter and I waited for 20 minutes for someone to come and take our order, which I find very unfriendly to kids. We left Memee and went to Stucks pub next door, where we had a wonderful service, as in the previous three visits. Waiters at Stucks always chatted with my girl, gave her crayons and coloring sheets, and made us feel welcomed...

Longer version: I attempted to have dinner with my 6-years old daughter, who had too often pizzas at the "Stucks" pub just next from Me & Mee. I must admit, at that night, the fire alarm went on in MeMee's building not long before we came. Hence, the place was just settling down after everyone was returning to their tables from outside... We went in; nobody has met/greeted us. That was fine, not a big deal; we sat at an empty table. When I’ve spotted a waiter, I went to him and explained that we just came, and we not at the restaurant before the alarm. He said it is fine, but he appeared to be quite unhappy/unfriendly overall. I also asked for kids menu (so he knew there was hungry child)... Then we waited and waited, while waiters came to take order from table around us, completely ignoring us. If you read this and think "he is probably one of those annoying, picky, always unhappy dudes" - I have no proof that I'm not that guy (I know that I am not), but I assure you that I am not being perceived that way in other places. Anyway, my 6-years old daughter has also noticed that they avoiding our table. We just left. I cannot comment on food, but I think that the service was terrible even for the case some disruption.

2  Thank Sowillo2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

After a long day we opted out of the bustle of a packed night in downtown Queenstown for a nice Asian meal at our Hotel...it's the Hilton after all so you would expect it to be good. Have to say it was pretty disappointing.
1. Beer list - 2 speights, 2 steinies and a corona - not an Asian beer in sight!?
2. Crap wine list...1 Pinot by the glass in central Otago
3. Over cooked won tons...almost chocolate brown in colour.
4. 'Salt and pepper prawn' was battered prawns
5. Singapore noodles - no chilly or curry...blandest I've ever had (take always included!)

The waitress was lovely and a little apologetic about the drinks options...but they seemed understaffed as most of the tables hadn't been cleaned up after the guests had left and it took a while for our menus to arrive and a drinks order to be taken.

The room was bright and fresh Chinese red but with the kick boxing and soccer on the tv and a very poor music selection it really did struggle to offer anything more than a poor $40 take out.

Disappointing to see the (next day) a string of poor reviews that don't seem to have been addressed in the "menu review"

3  Thank Rocatman
Reviewed 31 March 2014

food delicious, but the portion sizes small. Also you get rice with each dish ordered which we didn't really need.

1  Thank SuzieLock
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at the Hilton, my favorite hotel so the restaurant is convenient. Service was very good and the chef was happy to customize my meal as I am into healthy eating. Chinese = heathy
no, but the food is very tasty!

1  Thank David F