“Fantastic”

Ranked #63 of 257 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We went to My Thai on our last night in queenstown & were glad we came across it! We had a lovely seat right next to the window which we booked. We ordered cocktails and they were worth the money, they were tasty and had the expected amount of alcohol in them for the price.
We ordered three dished and a side of egg rice to share, we had the Thai Green Chicken, The Duck & The Lamb. All dishes were incredible and were unbelievably filling! Service was fantastic.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank pilbaracouple

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Quality Thai”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

One of the better Thai restaurants that my family and I have dined in. The decor is great with the roof covered in colorful umbrellas and though the walls and carpets are dark we really liked the overall effect as well as the views out over the lake. The food was outstanding and enjoyed by the whole family. The staff were very good with their recommendations especially with the spicier dishes which my wife and I both had. The slow cooked meats literally fell apart in the mouth - yum.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank RiflemanWellington
Sydney, Australia
“Mixed bag!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were looking for a light, early dinner as we had eaten a heavy lunch and thought of giving My Thai a try.

I ordered rice paper rolls while my wife opted for the Tom Yum soup. The rice paper rolls were quite decent. The vegetables were fresh and the chicken and sauce pleasant.

However, the soup was very aggressively spiced and the consistency was off as well. Given the quality of the other options in the area, I'd give this a miss unless I was really craving Thai food.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Chatur
Chicago, Illinois
“Really enjoyed”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

High quality ingredients, very tasty dishes. Girlfriend wanted to eat here every night. We settled on eating here 2 times in 7 days.

Probably will be happy with anything you get. Have daily specials that seemed reasonably priced.

In general on the higher side for Thai food but worth it

3 Thank Matthew W
New Zealand
“Fair Dinkum Thai”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We met friends from overseas in Queenstown. After a full day of hard slog trekking through wineries, we were tired and hungry. All the restaurants we walked past in Queenstown were full or noisy. As we just wanted to talk to each other, we sought a quieter venue. My Thai was ideal. Even though it was quite busy, we were greeted as if our custom was valued. Advice was given by attentive staff where we weren't sure of an item on the extensive menu. The starters were provided quickly; a set of rice crackers with delicious sauces which won favour with us all. There was then a little delay, a good sign indicating that the food was not prepared in advance. Our orders were varied but all served at the same time. The food had the delicacy of genuine Thai cooking. It filled without bloating, leaving a satisfying feeling of having had an exceptional meal. It was the only time in a full day that conversation stopped.

• Visited May 2014