“yummy steaks and ambience”

Jervois Steak House Queenstown
Ranked #17 of 266 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We recently visited this restaurant as we were treated by our son on our arrival to Queenstown.
This is a very good restaurant and has a great ambience and feel.
I liked the decor and the fact there was lots of room and ideal place to catch up on all the news as it was not noisy! The meat was exceptional and service very attentive.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Cannot wait to return to JSH! My partner and I recently visited JSH Queenstown for his birthday and cannot wait to go back. We love our steaks especially cooked blue & Jervois was nothing but perfection. Everything from the service to entree, mains, desert & cocktails were amazing! After eating at Rock Pool in perth we didn't think anything could beat it - but Jervois has completely surpassed the food, service & atmosphere. Best meal could not recommend it enough cannot wait to return! And I highly recommend the baked alaska for dessert :)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great service, excellent steak and good beer/wine list....... not for the budget concious...but this is one of those places where you get what you pay for....very good, will be back.....thanks.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The service was so professional. We felt very special and welcomed right from our first greeting. It was our wedding anniversary and all the staff made it very special. Food was an 9/10. Presented well, good portions, didn't wait too long for meal. Don't forget to tip these guys.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

What will be better than a juicy, flavor and tender steak in a cold winter, after a day pack of activities in QT? I can't think of any but JSH. It is always my first choice if I want a perfectly cook, high quality steak. This one is even better than the one in AKL, by its atmosphere and service.
Wine selection is good but a bit pricey (oh well, fine dining), but i think the eye fillet on bone is very good value, I can still feel its texture in my mouth when I'm typing this.