Expedition X - Packrafting New Zealand - Queenstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Changing the way you see the map.... Whether you want to challenge your boundaries or are solely looking for a relaxing and unique way to see areas of our great wilderness that lay off the beaten track, we can cater for you. Our fun packed packrafting trips are created as an overall outdoors experience. Hike, climb, swim, play, raft or simply float and take in the breathtaking scenery, armed with your own paddle, a packraft and walking boots the opportunities are endless. With these lightweight boats you'll be able to access some of the most remote and undisturbed rivers in the Southern Hemisphere, these hidden gems would usually be unreachable with conventional boats and kayaks alone.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Do it! Such a great day with Arno and Sean, they both make you feel like a pro pack rafter! They cater for different skill levels which I found very good, I went on to buy my own packraft I loved it that much!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Arno and Shorty were fun and friendly, and the scenery was beautiful. The boats are awesome - I still want one!!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I did the packrafting full day trip in February, and it was wonderful. The guide was attentive, and the place was breathtaking. I learned how to inflate the boat, and then had lunch (delicious). Afterward, there was de hiking, and each one carries its own boat in a backpack. Then I visited a chinese settlement and reached the river. After inflating the boat, the best part: the water! Stunning views and sparkling water. It was a complete activity, and the best cost/benefit in NZ.

1  Thank neusahi
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hike up the Rees valley was very scenic, and took a couple of hours but generally fairly flat. We then inflated our pack rafts which are like small canoes and had a terrific time paddling out. I would certainly recommend to anybody. We had zero experience and are probably much older than the majority of Queenstown visitors but had no problems in paddling due to the great guide.
A trip that takes you off the beaten track yet has a great element of individual fun to it.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This trip was so much fun! Not only did we get to try something new, but we also had amazing scenery and great guides. The boating is a lot of fun. For someone with no experience, this trip is still for you because they will teach you everything you need to know. If you do have experience they will provide challenges for you. The guides always kept it interesting for everyone. The guides have no problem laughing and joking with you. I had a lot of fun getting to know everyone as we relaxed and drifted down stream after our tough morning against the current and hiking. This company is the way to go if you want a fun, relaxing and exciting day out on the water! Everything was amazing boating, hiking, lunch, photos, guides. Onny and Sean where great fun. Definitely worth e

Expedition X, Public Relations Manager at Expedition X - Packrafting New Zealand - Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Glad you had a great time Sam, we enjoyed having you guys along with us for the day and we hope to see you again soon!