“A lovely house with great views and a warm welcome”

Lake Vista Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 45 Queenstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is a fantastic house with far reaching views across the lake to the mountains beyond.
Bev and Ian made us very welcome and the breakfast was first class.

Only problem was breaking the news to Bev that England had beaten NZ at Rugby again !!! This time at 7's !

We will be back.

Room Tip: Select the room with en-suite
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cctlgw
LakeVista, Owner at Lake Vista Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Many thanks for your kind review.
Yes a shame about our seven rugby team, couldn't quite match England this time.
We did enjoy having you stay with us at Lake Vista B & B, & also enjoyed the banta!!
Hope all is well back in England
Regards Bev

Reviewed 21 January 2013

This B&B is perfect! We stayed 2 nights in the room with the ensuite bathroom (I think this was the Remarkables Room) which was very nice. It had all the nice touches and amenities that made us feel at home and comfortable.

The best part? Bev's homemade breakfast!! I had the french toast both mornings because they were so darn good! My husband and I both had the yogurt with fresh fruit as well (we shared the french toast). Everything was delicious! Thank you, Bev!!

The views in Bev & Ian's home are stunning. Although our room had an amazing view, the living room offers panoramic views of Lake Wakatipu with it's wraparound all-glass window! Beautiful.

Bev & Ian have a great thing going with their B&B. You won't be disappointed :)

Mel & Nolan

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms, one with an ensuite bathroom. I seem to remember this was the Remarkables Room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Melanie D
LakeVista, Owner at Lake Vista Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Many thanks for your review, we really appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience at Lake Vista B & B.
We really enjoyed having you both stay with us.
Yes, the French Toast is a favourite with many of our guests, so glad you enjoyed it.
Our best wishes to you both for 2013
Bev

Reviewed 12 September 2012

This was a lovely B & B. The views both from our balcony outside the room and the welcoming fire warmed loungeroom were breathtaking. Bev and Ian were very gracious helpful hosts - Bev booked us onto the lake tour (definitely worth doing) and cooked us a delicious breakfast both mornings. The room was comfortable and immaculate.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ozmaur
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Very modern facilities with lovely furnishing in the bedroom and around the house. Loved the stay in Queenstown and the warm, friendly hosts really helped add on to the great experience! Oh, and the breakfast was most intrinsically prepared by Bev, loved the blueberries pancakes!

Raymond, Michelle and Leoric

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Raymondchow21
Reviewed 21 June 2012

What an absolutely stunning B&B. From the moment we arrived we we're instantly smiling. The views, the amazing service (the biggest thank you to Bev and Ian, what brilliant hosts they were) the beautiful breakfasts that kept us going all the way to dinner, and the constant attention to detail made this stay literally perfect. For anyone looking for a top B&B, look no further. We will be back for sure!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelsgalore2012
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Lake Vista B and B is located at the top of the hill with incredible views across Lake Wakatipu to the Remarkable Range. The balcony affords one an incredible sight of sunrise and sunset. There are 3 rooms, one ensuite and the other two share a lovely, modern and immaculately clean bathroom. There was a safe, coffee/tea making facilities and a warm, plush robe. Bev and Ian are pleasant and gracious hosts who double as taxi drivers. The breakfast room is immense with huge glass windows all around. At night, the fireplace is going and there is even a telescope to view the multitude of stars. I used Lake Vista as a base when I was in southern New Zealand. It is the gateway to Te Anau and the fiords and Dunedin on the east coast. As I am a vegetarian, Bev was more than happy to supply me with whatever I needed for breakfast. The B and B is a 15 minute walk downhill to the central part of town past old houses and lovely gardens along a quiet street. Both hosts were well versed in all the activities of the area and can make all the reservations so you don't have to! I mean isn't that the reason we travel? I had a wonderful time and when I return, I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony over looking the lake and mountains so there are only good rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank giphtedone1
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I had never stayed at a B&B until this trip. I always thought it would be awkward to stay in a stranger's home. My experience at the Lake Vista B&B was anything but awkward. The owners, Bev and Ian, were extremely friendly and very hospitable. I felt like I was staying with old friends I had known for a lifetime. I had privacy when I wanted it, but could seek their company when I wanted company. They were knowledgeable about the area and assisted me with booking activities and transporting me to where I needed to go when I needed to get there. I cannot wait to return and stay with them again. Their home is beautiful with clean, fully stocked rooms, comfortable surroundings, a beautiful patio with lake and mountain views to die for. I maintain contact with Bev and Ian to this day and I consider meeting them and making a new friendship with them to be one of the highlights of my trip. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo