“Do not miss if you are in Queenstown! ”
Review of Madam Woo

Madam Woo
Ranked #45 of 267 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Madam Woo serves up authentic Malaysian Hawker food in a fast, fresh and fun setting. The menu is designed to be shared and draws from many of the chef's authentic family recipes to create big, vibrant flavours. The signature dishes embody the Woo ethos of big flavours and include Beef Rendang with Nasi Lemak, and the famous Madam Woo Hawker rolls, which have generated a cult-like following. The 'Woo Crew' are energetic, knowledgeable and friendly, happy to offer suggestions from the menu and guide guests through their ordering choices. The food may emulate Malaysian street food, but the service remains sharp, attentive and professional. Whether you are popping into Madam Woo for an Asian inspired cocktail and dumplings at the bar or for dinner with friends, you are sure to experience a genuinely unique dining experience.
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

All the food I tried here were really good, but the hawker rolls were the best! I dined there on my last day in Queenstown. If I knew this place earlier, I would have gone there several times during my stay. Please do not miss this restaurant if you like malay-chinese cuisine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Madam Woo is an excellent addition to the dining scene in Queenstown. The food is flavorful and well prepared, the service is reasonably quick and friendly, and the fit out of the restaurant is chic and well done. We have eaten there several times and have enjoyed the seafood and vegetarian dishes. You can vary the seasoning, but for me it was spot on.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Went to madam woo with some friends for dinner one night. Had a good time but I felt the prices were to high but the quality of food did match. Thanks

Reviewed 6 August 2014

When I made the booking on the Thursday night for 15 people I was told that I would have to ring again the next night to confirm. I said that I was confirming the first night, but she said no, you have to ring again. Having been invited to join friends at Madam Woo we eagerly awaited our meal. I ordered the fish which had that many bones in it that it made me feel sick. I said to the waitress that there were far too many bones to be told that the fish didn't arrive until around 10am each day and because they opened for lunch they didn't have time to bone the fish. The theory was it was better to have really fresh fish. The rest of the meal was nice but none of our party were particularly enthusiastic about the meals.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Madam Woo is a great relaxed environment to spend an evening. Food is really tasty Chinese & Malay influenced street food. Great for vegetarians and carnivores alike. Portion sizes are generous particularly with the ribs. But it thoroughly recommend the hawker rolls - fantastic. Even two fussy teenagers enjoyed it! Plus the cocktails are great for the grown ups!

1  Thank Tracey650