I can only say all the best about this hotel and Queenstown in general.
The service at this hotel was exceptional, staff were great and went out of their way to accomodate us and this started from when we first stepped into the hotel and continued for a week until our departure, great first impression of the hotel, I honestly wish all the hotel experiences were like this one.
The hotel itself is located in the town centre just off the main strip and walking distance to some great restaurants. Again perfect location with not much noise around. The rooms were spacious and clean and we had a nice lake view from our room on the fifth floor.
The town itself is absolutely stunning, beautiful and well maintained. The restaurants are reasonably priced and the food is great. We enjoyed some great food at the Flame, Fergburger, Jervois Stakehouse (this one is fine dining within the Sofitel), Winnies, Lombardi (this one is part of the St Moritz hotel) and Bella Cucina.
In terms of activities I would recommend a cruise around the lake on the old steam boat, skiing on one of the surrounding slopes or a tour to on of the south islands beatiful nature spots (we took a tour to milford sound, it is a long tour but you do visit some stunning places on the way there).
Overall this is an exceptional hotel and a stunning town. Will definately visit again.
Thank you for the great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa. Inspired by the charms of Paris with the warm hospitality inherent to Queenstown, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique elegance and local avant-garde design. Centrally located in the heart of Queenstown, it offers 82 luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, featuring Left Bank Café open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge and Jervois Steak House. Situated in the heart of Queenstown's dining and entertainment precinct, Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa is the perfect base to explore central Queenstown on foot before heading further afield to local ski resorts and adventure attractions. Just 15 minutes from the airport, you can take a stroll down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or up to Queenstown's scenic vantage point and adventure attraction Skyline Luge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Queenstown Sofitel