You can't beat the location and this is why we chose to stay at the Sofitel. its across the road from the ski centre and when you come back from day skiing tied and wet its great to be able to walk across the street and be in a hot bath within 5 minutes of getting off the bus. And they do have great baths, nice and big, with spa, and a t.v. to watch. Was very nice and relaxing.
They have a lovely spa and they provide complimentary steam room services to guests (you need to book). The room was spacious and pleasant. Everyone was very friendly and we were made to feel very welcome.
The concierge service was excellent, Seamus in particular is worth noting.
Unfortunately reception not so good. When we arrived we were told that our rooms were pre-paid (I honestly had no idea) and then when we went to check out we were told that they weren't pre-paid. I don't mind paying my bill but this was annoying. We were also told that breakfast was not included but when I came home and checked my records I discovered that breakfast was included in our rate. While the hotel reimbursed this cost to us, we had only eaten in the restaurant twice as we chose to eat out because the cost "was not included". We were also not advised until the last time we ate in the restaurant that our son could eat for free, again it would have been nice to know this in advance. An otherwise really good hotel experience tarnished by poor service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a new level of sophistication at Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa. Inspired by the charms of Paris with the warm hospitality inherent to Queenstown, be mesmerized by its tasteful combination of French antique elegance and local avant-garde design. Centrally located in the heart of Queenstown, it offers 82 luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, featuring Left Bank Café open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 1789 Wine & Jazz Lounge and Jervois Steak House. Situated in the heart of Queenstown's dining and entertainment precinct, Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa is the perfect base to explore central Queenstown on foot before heading further afield to local ski resorts and adventure attractions. Just 15 minutes from the airport, you can take a stroll down to the shores of Lake Wakatipu, or up to Queenstown's scenic vantage point and adventure attraction Skyline Luge during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel And Spa
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Sofitel