Hmmm.. where to begin!?
The place STUNK of of cigarettes.
There was fecal matter all over the toilet brush. Which they did change once requested, but why should we have had to ask??
The oven trays were covered in grease.
The wifi network was useless.
I had to go to another place to get internet access to contact reception and let them know as there are no phones, no other way of contacting of them. When I visit NZ for one week per year I don't get a sim card as most reputable places have telephones.
I had to request an air freshener even though they knew it stunk but had done nothing about it except air it out for a day or two before our arrival.
There was no offer of refund. They couldn't move us to another apartment as they were full. All they gave us as compensation was a measly 250mb of data for their wifi connection that only worked in the dead middle of the night which would have been worth less than $2.
There is no dishwasher and no washing machine in the room - granted they don't advertise that they have these things but when I book an apartment over a motel room I assume these things are included.
My advice is to spend an extra $100 per week and stay at the luxurious Mantra Marina up the road. Same great views, much better service and free Internet that works.
Alpine Village is a grotty rip off. I visit Queenstown every year and will never go near this place again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, clean apartments on the shores of Lake Wakatipu; all have fantastic mountain and lake views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpine Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpine Village Hotel Queenstown
- Breakfree Alpine Village Hotel
- Breakfree Alpine Village Queenstown