We spent a week here just prior to Christmas, with our 14 and 17 year old kids and it was magical. We booked a 3 bedroom apartment several months prior and guessing that the exchange rate would deteriorate, they allowed us to prepay --which became a major blessing. But when we checked in and were lead to our room...we suddenly felt like lottery winners. The wonderful attendant personally opened the door(while casually mentioning we'd been "slightly upgraded") to the Ben Lomond Penthouse and all 4 of us gasped. WOW!!! And I mean that in EVERY aspect...the furnishings...the gourment kitchen...the massive bar...the rooms...the bathrooms....the gigantic stone deck with hot tub...AND THE VIEWS (Ocean Bay, Mountain ~ including gondola going to the top, village). And every single day it got better!
Rainy day? Free DVD's at the front desk and a huge flat screen/home theater in the room with some takeout from one of the great restaurants a block or two away! Sunny? Reading a great book while lounging on the deck (while enjoying the views!). The Glebe's location was second to none! We had an SUV and used the location to pack more than we've ever packed into any vacation -- without it being rushed or stressful ~ we just woke up each morning, checked the weather and decided what sounded best. "Thrillogy" 3-jump Bungy-jumping for the kids? Check. Jet boat ride up the mining creek? Check. Wine tasting? Check. Private plane flight to Milford Sound cruise? Check. Luge racing and spectacular buffet on the mtn? Check. ATV tours on a huge cattle ranch? Check. World class lunch with wine pairings specially created by the chef served outdoors (A Glebe recommendation!)? Check. Shoping at great local markets and making tremendous dinners at home? Check. Having drinks in a bar made completely of ice? Could have but didn't!
And the staff completely blew us away. They were not only wonderful to deal with, but a tremendous source of information and help. We've been blessed to travel all over the world, and I'd still rate this stay as one of the very best I've ever had with absolutely NOTHING I could have improved upon! Except that we had to leave!!! We'll be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2 minute walk to town, full apartments and penthouses. We are locals with many years experience and we would love to help with our knowledge of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Glebe Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glebe Apartments Queenstown
- Glebe Apartments Hotel Queenstown