“Barbara”

Oaks Shores
Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
“Barbara”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend at Oak Shores Queenstown . Our experience in this hotel was dreadful . We arrived Friday afternoon , collected key for our room. Arrived at room to find some one else's half drunk yoghurt in the fridge as if that wasn't bad enough the fridge was smelly .... I mean really smelly old milk or something similar had been spilt in the fridge and dried up. The dining table and bedside were very dusty. Floors hadn't been vacuumed either. Finally after phoning reception 3 times and complaining we were upgraded. ... All good we thought !! New apartment had sticky dirty tired dinning table , stains of worrying nature on the lounge cushions. And then to top it off this morning my husband found some dirty underwear underneath the cabinet in the bedroom. We weren't the only ones complaining , when I arrived at reception to return the key . I would NOT recommend OAK SHORES Queenstown , it's DISGUSTING !!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barbara D
AaronJeffrey, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thankyou for your recent review of Oaks Shores.
First off, I would like to apologise for the issues that you experienced during your stay.
The issues you have explained are not acceptable and these have been addressed with the Housekeeping Manger since your arrival.
I appreciate your feedback and apologise about the housekeeping standard you were exposed to.
I would welcome the opportunity for you to return to Oaks Shores to experience the true service of our property.

Jaimee Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

8 of us stayed in large 2 level apartment.

4 rooms with ensuites/ bathrooms - large kitchen X2, all facilities to make ourselves at home including spectacular lake views + Large entertainment balcony areas.

Slightly confusing layout.

If you don't have a car , bus stop outside and bus comes every 15 mins to Queenstown or Frankton.

Spectacular location, would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the facilities and room space of the apartment for the 8 of you.
I am glad that you were able to make yourself at "home" and utilise the apartments facilities.
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back in Queenstown soon!

Sydney
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We have lake view from our balcony which was excellent. The two bedrooms we rented were clean, modern, everything that you can ask for. Massive kitchen, with oven, good looking cutlery, big refrigerator complete with dish washer. It was also fitted with mashing machine and dryer with free washing powder plus iron and iron board. It definitely felt like home and makes you relaxed and ease after all the sightseeing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the lake view and balcony of the apartment and it felt like home!
The apartments are fully furnished with all needed items so I am glad you used all of these during your stay.

New Zealand
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. The size of the kitchen and living area was very impressive. Modern amenities and bed very comfortable. The balcony was great and the views of the lake and mountains was incredible.

There is a lovely walkway/bike trail along the lake front to Queenstown central. It takes 30-45 minutes. There is an hourly transfer van that runs from the Oaks to the township.

I recommend this hotel for those with a car.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor which was ideal for the view and also at road level.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
AaronJeffrey, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us recently and were impressed with the size of the apartment and views!
The walk into town via the lake is amazing on a summer's day!

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We booked 5 rooms for 6days. The hotel never replace shampoos and other daily uses。you need to ask them every single day. Please do not go to complain, if you don't want make your self uneasy. Other facilities and lakes views are fine. Views worth the price but service :(

Stayed February 2014
AaronJeffrey, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I appreciate the feedback in relation to the housekeeping service that you received and I apologise that your room was not serviced. We do offer special discounted rates that do not include servicing. If you could please contact me on hmshores@theoaksgroup.co.nz. to provide some more information so that I can follow this up with the Housekeeping Manager.
I hope that you do choose to come back to Oaks Shores in the future!

Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My stay at the oak shores was fabulous! The staff were extremely friendly! Stayed in a 2 bedroom courtyard room, it was nice modern and clean. The views were phenomenal. I would definitely come back and I would highly recommend the oak shores for family's! I would rate my experience an 11/10!

Stayed January 2014
AaronJeffrey, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so glad you enjoyed the apartment and found the staff friendly and accommodating!
It is great to hear that you will be recommending us to your friends and family!
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Queenstown!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed over at Oak Shores Club Resort at Queenstown. New Zealand is a beautiful place and the river facing rooms of this Apartment hotel just makes it picture perfect.

Situated just outside the main town, Oak Shore Club resort is well located, 5 mins drive into the city. The views from the terrace of our apartment was the best view, I got to see in my whole 23 days of NZ. Skyline filled with the Remarkables and Lake Wakatipu in the front of them, was the most amazing experience of my life.

The apartment was clean and comfortable.
There were no issues in my stay except parking which was quite crowded and was difficult to get a spot if you come back late on the evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
AaronJeffrey, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so, so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the views you experienced were the best whilst you were in New Zealand! This country is a beautiful place and Queenstown really is something special!