“allocated wrong room twice. double charged”
Review of Oaks Shores

Oaks Shores
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 15 July 2014

extremely incompetent staff at check in. Allocated me wrong room TWICE. almost walked into someone else's room! waited half hour in the hall way while they sorted it out

discovered that they had double charged me. once from the actual hotel oaks shores and then once from their sister hotel oaks club resort (which i never booked or stayed in). only noticed when I was going through my statements otherwise they would have got away with it. they eventually refunded the money but didn't even respond to my complain or offer a courtesy email to apologise. very disappointing. please check your bank statements.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vinnie A
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am sorry to hear about the two incidents you have mentioned in your review.
I am aware that our front office accidently charged your credit card and on realising their mistake, refunded the card at a later stage. I do apologise for this and I can assure you that this is not a common occurrence. Unfortunately the team did not contact you regarding the initial charge or the refund and I do apologise for this as well.
I understand that the Front Office Manager has been in contact with you recently and would welcome any further information regarding the allocation of the wrong room you mention in your review.
I appreciate your feedback hope that you do choose to come back to Oaks Shores in the future so we can show you the true Oaks service!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had actually booked into the Mantra Marina but were "upgraded" to this sister apartment. 3 double bedrooms for a family of 4 - 2 adults and a 16 year old and 15 year old boys. Fantastic size of apartment with gas log fire,central heating and underfloor heating. Fantastic lake and mountain views. Easy 25 minute walk into town via street or lovely 50 minute walk via scenic lakeside walking track. Shuttle bus to town hourly from 8am to 11am then from 4pm to 9pm. We also had. Hire car so made use of all three modes. Stayed 11 nights always great to come back to, very quiet despite it being peak season and I think being booked out. Had dinner at restaurant one night...service and meal was ok ..a little slow and steak was not particularly hot. Restaurant was only one third full so not busy. But overall apartment was fantastic.

Room Tip: We were on the 9 th floor. Nice and quiet and views excellent although I think all Rooms would be go...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the space and features of your apartment! They really do provide everything you need during your stay!
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the magnificent views offered at Oaks Shores and made use of the free shuttle service!
I would like to apologise that the restaurant service was slow and that the meal you ordered wasn’t delivered to you hot. I will address this with both the front and back of house staff.
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back in Queenstown soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Overall hotel was nice

Had to pay $85 for 7 days of Wifi if you didnt want the free sporadic wifi turn on and off when it suited

Car parking was lacking making cars park allover the place

Hotel in good location with a short 30 minute walk into queenstown or 3km

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Oaks Shores overall and liked the location of the property! It certainly is in a handy location, especially with our free shuttle service operating from 9am - 11am and 4pm - 9pm!
Unfortunately, at peak times of the year there is a large influx of additional cars to Queenstown, and this does mean that our usually-ample free of charge car park is filled up much more quickly. We do however, offer additional car parking at the top of our driveway and there is a local street approximately a 3 min walk away that is available to park in as well.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family stayed at this resort recently it has the most beautiful view but
the overall service was disappointing . The cleanjng staff were struggling throughout
the day that by the time they came to service our room we felt sorry for them
so only took towels. Other days when the room was attended too it was well
below our expectations it was shocking .Reflclects very poor management.
The management has to rectify these because the room rates are
quite high the services should match it. The shuttle service is great which seemed
to be the only good thing about this resort. The Wii Fii service is very deceiving

Room Tip: choose lakefront
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lisalockwood8

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the views from you room!
I am sorry to hear your feedback in relation to the customer service and room servicing you received during your stay. This is not the standard service we provide to our valued guests. I would welcome additional information from you regarding your booking so I can investigate this matter further. I can be contacted on hmshores@theoaksgroup.co.nz.
I do apologise for the issues that you had during your stay and hope that you do choose to come back to Oaks Shores in the future!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week at this hotel. I overlooked the room being located outside a door leading onto the carpark so got woken up by other guests as they left noisily, the slack cleaning, the so called shuttle bus service to queens town which was limited to a few hours on the hour in the morning and evening and stopped altogether at 9pm, the overseas workers with no idea of recommendations for the local area, the poor food options, with breakfast only starting from 7.30am so having to catch a bus tour early meant leaving hungry as there was no food on location except for a vending machine, and the bar food which was meant to be available all day only starting at 4pm. The bar and restaurant also closed early and there was no room service available. The final straw was when leaving we realised we had left drinks in our fridge and returned to ask reception. We waited as long as we could before having to catch a taxi to the airport and our drinks were not returned. The terrible customer service was appalling for a so called 4 star hotel. We did not even receive an apology with the receptionist who was meant to be following it up not even looking us in the eye when we left. The view is pretty and the building modern but customer service let the whole hotel down. Won't be recommending or returning

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Neen A

Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the views that the apartments offer!
I am sorry to hear you had so many issues in relation to customer service. This is not the standard service we provide to our valued guests. I apologise that your drinks were not returned to you quickly enough for you to have them before your departure!
If noise is ever an issue please let us know and we will endeavour to find an apartment that is more suitable for you!
In regards to the restaurant, we have had feedback from numerous guests that opening any earlier than 7:30am is not useful due to the sun only coming up at 8am in winter. I apologise that your situation was different to the feedback we have received from others. The bar snack menu is not available all day as the restaurant is not open for lunch. The bar snack menu is open from 4pm - 11pm each day. Unfortunately, due to the layout of the building we cannot offer room service. We do however offer a takeaway and pick up service for those guests wanting a different dining option.
I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us but hope that you do choose to come back to Oaks Shores in the future so we can show you the true Oaks service!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Perfect for family of 5. Great views and easy living after a day's skiing. We stayed for 5 nights and used the fully equiped kitchen most days for breakfast and dinner. A very short drive from town.
Main negative was the bedrooms were too hot at night. Eventually discovered the underfloor heating control.
Wifi is only for 30 mins per day once you've logged in - kids still in shock.
I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property and found it to be perfect for your family! All of our apartments do offer underfloor heating in the cool winter conditions which can be adjusted manually for each room. I apologise for the limited wifi. We do offer free 30 mins wifi per room per day for up to 3 devices but this can become quite popular at peak times.
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back at Oaks Shores soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here this past week and was very impressed with the views. However it seems the room we were staying in had paper thin walls. Could here all conversations and the tv. Very annoying when you have to get up early in the morning.

Room Tip: Dont choose a double room. You will have a door leading to another persons room and will be able to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the amazing uninterrupted views from our apartments during your stay!
Unfortunately the majority of our apartments are interconnecting to allow for flexibility in guest bookings. If there is ever any excess noise coming from an apartment please let our 24 hour reception know and we will be able to address this issue.