“bucks party/ boys trip”
Review of Oaks Shores

Oaks Shores
Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 5 August 2014

5 guys are usually hard to please, but oaks shores managed. great accommodation with connecting rooms to allow for 5 beds. amazing views, great facilities. 10 days and don't have a bad thing to say.

do your self a favour and stay here!

Room Tip: 406 is the goods, get on it
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations!
The views and facilities in the apartments are great and I am glad that the 5 of you travelling enjoyed them!
It is exceptional that you have not one negative piece of feedback to leave!
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back in Queenstown soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stay two night in two bedroom apartment. The apartment facility is brilliant and decoration is sweetly and beautiful. Room have washing mashing and dry machine, which we clean most of cloths there. Lake just at front us and they have a small walk pass can go through to lake side. Staff are friendly as well. nice stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the apartments beautifully decorated! we have recently started a refurbishment of the rooms so it is wonderful to have such positive feedback!
Thank you for your feedback about our friendly staff and I will certainly be passing this onto them!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights, but wish we could have stayed longer! We had a lake view, two bed apartment (on double, and one twin room), each room having its own bathroom. The kitchen was well stocked with everything we could need, and it was nice and warm. The best part though was the view! We could see the snow capped mountains through the large windows, and could walk out the doors to the grassed area out front of the apartments, right on Lake Wakatipu. This was one of the favourite places of our NZ trip! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently!
It is great that the kitchen was stocked with everything you needed during your stay and that your enjoyed your apartment on level 1! It really is a great area down there with the fresh green grass to walk out onto whilst taking in the beautiful mountains.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom Lake view apartment. We had the one on the end of the block so it was lovely and full of light (except for the second bedroom) as it had extra windows and was really spacious. The outlook is fantastic and it's a pleasant 40min walk along the lake track into town. 40mins is at a slow pace so if you were determined I'm sure you could do it a lot quicker but it's nice to enjoy and take your time. I walked once with my 11 year old daughter and once on my own both times during the day and felt perfectly safe. I imagine in the summer there would be quite a few people on the track. Room was clean and the kitchen equipped well enough for me to cater for family of 4. The fire place is a gas set up and whilst not an open fire place its very effective and still has some ambience. We stayed in NZ school holidays in winter so it was a bit over priced but most places are at that time anyway. We would definitely stay here again. Free wi fi is only for 30mins per day so I'd say a bit on the scabby side considering what you pay for the room I think they could do better than this.

Room Tip: In my opinion it's worth paying for the lake view
1  Thank Jill C
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the amazing views from your apartment and the beautiful walk into town! It is a lovely walk where some of the best photos of Queenstown can be taken!
It is great to hear that your apartment had everything your family required during your stay and that you made use of the fireplace. It really is a welcome feature of the rooms!
Although we do offer free 30 min wifi per day for up to three devices, I understand that this can be limiting. We are currently investigating offering something further than this.
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back in Queenstown in the future!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have stayed here many times but this will be our last time. The rooms are tired and dirty - stains all over the walls, dishwashers that don't clean properly, cleaners that don't care and staff that are unhelpful. We had a miscommunication and booked two rooms instead of one and rang straightaway to cancel one and were told that it was non-refundable and nothing they could do. I said we were repeat customers and could they please be lenient - was put through to the Manager who was just and blunt and rude as the front desk staff. For the amount you pay I would strongly suggest staying in town at the many Lakeside apartments on offer.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Jeeves1312
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am sorry to hear about issues you have mentioned in your review.
I spoke with you at reception when one of your later arrival rooms was checking in. Although you did note you had some issues when I asked for further information about this you did not want to explain them to me and refused to provide any further information for us to improve your stay. I also did offer to change your apartment if you weren’t happy with the current room you were in which you again refused. This does make it difficult for us to improve your stay.
Our rooms are currently undergoing a partial refurbishment during ski season which includes painting the walls and replacing all TV’s with larger 50 inch ones. After ski season all units will be fully refurbished.
Unfortunately our terms and conditions regarding specials are very strict due to the low rates they offer. These are displayed at the time of booking.
I do apologise for the issues that you had during your stay and hope that you do choose to come back to Oaks Shores in the future!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the second time we have come back to Queenstown and The Oaks! Our stay in Jan this year was great and my partner wanted to experience Queenstown in the winter! Everything at the hotel was as good as last time! They have redone the reception and restaurant and let’s face it - it needed doing! But the outcome is amazing and we ate at the restaurant 2/6 days we were there with no complaints! Housekeeping seems to have picked up since Jan as well - our rooms were serviced well before dinnertime! We noticed the rooms had also been slightly updated since our last stay and the girl at reception noted that there has been new TV's, painting, spring cleaning and tabletops fixed up. You can certainly feel the difference in the rooms! Again, a fantastic stay and I think we have found our Queenstown home!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your second visit with us!
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the recently refurbished reception and restaurant. I will certainly be passing this onto the staff!
It is great to hear that you noticed our recent upgrades which did include all of the items you noted! These additional features have definitely improved the rooms immensely.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here with my wife and 3 kids (9 yrs, 6 yrs and 20 months) and booked a 2 bedroom apartment. We had a lake view room and the views were amazing. The apartment had a room with queen bed and another with 2 twins and a cot - set up for 5. However everything else in the apartment was for 3. There were 3 chairs at the dining table, 3 plates, 3 glasses, 3 cups, 3 spoons, etc etc etc. This made doing anything together a bit of a challenge. To the point where we had to have breakfast in shifts. The rooms also don't have much storage or hanging facilities. This is quite a challenge when you are visiting the ski fields and have heavy thick jackets. Each bedroom had a skinny closet which could only fit either 4 shirts or one ski jacket.

The restaurant in the hotel is limited at best with a limited menu and expensive wines. The breakfast buffet is not refilled and the bread and pancakes were stale by the time we arrived at 8:30.

1  Thank DaddyBlogger1
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the amazing views from your apartment!
Our two bedroom apartments should always be set up with 6 of everything - plates, glasses, cutlery, etc. I apologise that this was not the case during your stay. Please do let us know in future and we will be able to arrange for any missing items to be provided to you immediately.