“Gotta get your bikes from here!!!”

Charge About Queenstown Electric Bikes
Book In Advance
More Info
US$131.43*
and up
Self-Guided Queenstown to Arrowtown Electric...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: High-end European electric-assist mountain bikes for riding our spectacular cycle trails with battery recharge locations on the way. Genius! Our all-inclusive eBike hire includes the delivery of your eBikes, detailed maps and free access to our battery top-up locations so you can Charge About all day! The eBikes are incredibly simple and fun to ride, providing hill climbing ability that brings a smile. The Queenstown cycle trails are mostly off-road so it's he ideal way to see Queenstown to Arrowtown and beyond. Riders of all ability can stick together, allowing visitors to experience the most magnificent self-guided cycle tours of our region.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great owner, very friendly and gave us useful information on where to ride
We went to Jacks point and found the electric assist to be very helpful. Bikes were top quality and no problems were had.
Highly recommend!

"thanks guys"
in 5 reviews
"lake wakatipu"

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Campbell and his e-bikes were fantastic!
The e-bikes make it a really easy ride and this makes it perfect for all ages and levels of fitness.
Campbell is great fun and full of interesting facts and points about Queenstown.
The scenery was spectacular too!
Next time I'm back in Queenstown I will definitely be booking another tour with Charge About!.

Campbell R, Owner at Charge About Queenstown Electric Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed taking you out on the trails and pushing the limits a little on your mountain biking skills, I've already thought of another challenge for next time we see you!

Many thanks

Campbell

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My first visit to New Zealand. I had shopped, trekked, kayaked, zip-lined and eaten my way around Queenstown and thought I'd experienced the key features. Mountain biking was next on the list. Charge About Queenstown provided a complete package that extended beyond the comfortable bike and purpose designed sight seeing tour. Out of genuine passion for the land and its tourists, Campbell (owner and guide) entertained my friend and I with stories, information and even a delightful picnic at the turnaround point. I will be including this company in my next travel plans!

Wow, what kind words, Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed the ride and I hope to see you and your family next time.

Campbell

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was unsure what the day was going to hold but it was amazing! Getting out on the electric bike into the well marked tracks and lanes was fabulous fun. We rode from Frankton to Arrowtown and back in the afternoon - alongside the shotover river, up and and down country lanes, through vineyards and amongst the most amazing hidden away architectural houses.
The bikes are very easy to ride and just give you the extra grunt to get up the odd steep incline. We raced past those on ordinary mountain bikes even though it was still a good work out.
Cycling through Millbrook was a highlight as was the beetroot salad and coffee in Arrowtown.
I thoroughly recommend this and will definitely be doing it again
Rick Hallifax

1  Thank 123Raffy123
Campbell R, Owner at Charge About Queenstown Electric Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for the great review Rick, it's always great to hear positive feedback on my vision to get more folk enjoying these exceptional trails. I hope to see you again some time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Campbell from Charge About offered a great a personalized service, from delivery of the bikes to our accommodation. Setting each bike up individually for us and making sure we had maps of the best trails from Arrowtown. The E Bikes were great as it leveled out every bodies fitness levels and allowed us to travel so many of the trails without any major fitness concerns or waiting for anybody after those nasty pinch climbs. I am converted to MTB E bike, after reading so much about them it was great to give them a go and I will be riding them a lot more in my later years to keep on riding the trails around NZ. If you like exploring and seeing places away from the roads then Charge About is my recommendation. A lot of fun and a great experience, give it a go.

I noticed a couple of your group were seasoned mountain bikers and had their doubts about this hybrid electric mountain bike thing but came back wildly enthusiastic having been all over the Queenstown basin. Thanks again.