“Easy Rider” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Self-Guided Queenstown to Arrowtown Electric Mountain Biking Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: High-end European electric-assist mountain bikes for riding our spectacular cycle trails with battery recharge locations on the way. Genius! Our all-inclusive eBike hire includes the delivery of your eBikes, detailed maps and free access to our battery top-up locations so you can Charge About all day! The eBikes are incredibly simple and fun to ride, providing hill climbing ability that brings a smile. The Queenstown cycle trails are mostly off-road so it's he ideal way to see Queenstown to Arrowtown and beyond. Riders of all ability can stick together, allowing visitors to experience the most magnificent self-guided cycle tours of our region.
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easy Rider”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the best family fun, with fitness throwin in for good measure. I'm not a fit person but eBikes really make a huge difference when it came to biking up hill, I felt as if i could take on the world.... or at least the track out to Jacks point. A beautiful ride and 360 degree's vista that had me stopping only because I wanted to take photos. In the area you can you can choose a track that suits your level of ability and confidence. I highly recommend this fun way to see parts of Queenstown you wouldn't normally find.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Must do activity for families!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

There is no better way to absorb the beauty of Queenstown. We rent the e-bikes in the middle of winter. Our most wonderful host warned us about the ice on the road but we persisted and, boy, it was the best thing we did in queenstown! Our 9 y.o. son managed the whole trip by himself. I dragged our 7 y.o. in the towed bike and it was easy on the ebike. The route took us around Lake Hayes and the majestic shotover. We had a picnic along the way. Unfortunately the day was short in winter so we couldn't throw in the winery and the trip around the Lake in queenstown but, we will be back!

1 Thank PatrickSCD
Wellington, New Zealand
“All the fun, half the effort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

These bikes are simply fantastic! Thanks so much Cam for the guided tour. The ease with which we rode the groomed bike trail meant we could soak up the stunning scenery whilst still getting a great mountain bike buzz on. I am still dreaming about the lunch at Jacks Point Clubhouse - Highland beef cheek on Porcini butter mash....mmmmm. looking forward to going further next time!
Adam.

Mornington Peninsula, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding Family Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We did the Hilton to Jacks Point track today with Charge About eBikes... Amazing fun for the whole family, even in the winter. The easy waterside trail eased us into the undulating trail that was to come, and the clean, efficient and stylish bikes were a dream to ride! Going up hills was a pleasure and the views of mountains on all sides were sublime. The track gets a little muddy and steep towards the end, as we were well advised, but the views, the experience and the lunch at Jacks Point Restaurant was well worth it. Campbell even picked up half our family and drove us back to the Hilton whilst our more adventurous riders followed the trail back to the start. If there were more stars to give, I'd rate Campbell's personal attention and Charge About eBikes higher! Thank you for an experience we will never forget.

2 Thank KelliL
Campbell R, Owner at Charge About Queenstown Electric Bikes, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Wow what a glowing review, thanks! It was an absolute pleasure to look after your family that day and I hope to see you over here again soon. You inspired me to take my family out to the Jacks Point restaurant to check out the new menu, it was indeed a knockout!

Kind regards

Campbell
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do you wish you were ultra fit and a hard core outdoor family ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have fantasies that I am really fit and that my kids are the ultra tough outdoor types that we would go on full day mountain bike missions with , but the reality is a long way from this.
E- bikes surprised us in being one of the highlights of our trip to Queenstown . I came with my husband and boys 3 and 7 years old. The 3 year old went in a little chariot towed behind my husband which suited the little prince nicely . The 7 year old was on a normal kids bike with a bungy cord attached to mine which meant he felt a full participant in the adventure but we didn't have to worry about him getting tired or not being able to keep up. The best thing about the trip is how the bikes intuitively add extra power to your peddling effort. It is sometimes hard to know weather the battery is working or not , as you are cycling along on the flat pulling along your child and it is pretty easy , then you start up the hills and it is still pretty easy and you start wondering if you are fitter than you thought , then you find yourself towing your child up some seriously long steep hills and it feels just as easy. It is at this point that you have to admit to yourself that the battery is actually providing the majority of the power or, you can do what we did and pretend that you are actually this awesome . Delude yourself into believing you are a superhero , vampire or olympic cyclist . It is a lot of fun being as awesome as you wish you were for a day.

Visited June 2014