“Pië Kart”

US$122.02*
Self-Guided Queenstown to Arrowtown Electric Mountain Biking Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: High-end European electric-assist mountain bikes for riding our spectacular cycle trails with battery recharge locations on the way. Genius! Our all-inclusive eBike hire includes the delivery of your eBikes, detailed maps and free access to our battery top-up locations so you can Charge About all day! The eBikes are incredibly simple and fun to ride, providing hill climbing ability that brings a smile. The Queenstown cycle trails are mostly off-road so it's he ideal way to see Queenstown to Arrowtown and beyond. Riders of all ability can stick together, allowing visitors to experience the most magnificent self-guided cycle tours of our region.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

On a day off the mountain it was a great way to get the kids off their screens and do as we did as kids – and go ride a bike! With a twist – the kids were super stoked to find out that technology was still with them when they jumped on the e-bike.

I couldn't believe the power when the e'nergy first came on, infact I nearly Jspoon'd it in front of curious onlookers when I gave a wheelie a go.

My son Chester who is 11, was quick to take off and was very appreciative of the extra power.

Brontë, aka Pië who is 9, didn't quite fit on a bike. But when the option of going in the kart with me was suggested we too were quickly off.

The tracks were in great shape and lots of fun even towing Pië. It was a stunning way to see the lake and mountains as we made our way to Jacks Point. Just before we hit the main track south along the lake we got a flat tyre. But the guy that ran the bikes was there in true Tour De France style to get us back on our way. Awesome!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I hired an e-bike for a day of cycling, hoping to go from Queenstown to Lake Hayes. Alta rentals in Queenstown were great, got a bike in for me within 30mins, fitted me with helmet and adjusted the seat and I was off! There was a map to follow, however on hitting the state highway I felt nervous and asked a kind local who re-directed me to the Kawarau river route - I turned around and headed back for some spectacular scenery, easy riding and not a highway in site! Part of the river trail was closed by a slip and I got a little bit lost, as did the couple behind me - but came out onto the commuter trail and then full speed ahead up to the shotover bridge! From there headed on through the Lake Hayes estate (not a vineyard rather an urban area) and up to Lake Hayes itself. Cycled round the lake, got some awesome photos, and then headed back via the same trail. The electric bike was fantastic - I have to say I mainly went under my own steam, but for those hills and inclines it was magic, just like someone pushing you up! You can recharge the bike, but I kind of saved the electrics for hills and the way home - I only used 20% of my charge, silly me! Next time I will be much more free with electric assisted mode! I did a 61km ride in 3 1/2 hrs - I'm not a fast or serious cyclist, and stopped for heaps of photos as there were so many beautiful views. This was an awesome day out, I will be back for more, next time aiming for Queenstown to Arrowtown! Next time I will also make sure I find out exactly how to charge the bike and find out how long this takes (wasn't necessary for this trip) and will make sure I avoid the state highway!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the best family fun, with fitness throwin in for good measure. I'm not a fit person but eBikes really make a huge difference when it came to biking up hill, I felt as if i could take on the world.... or at least the track out to Jacks point. A beautiful ride and 360 degree's vista that had me stopping only because I wanted to take photos. In the area you can you can choose a track that suits your level of ability and confidence. I highly recommend this fun way to see parts of Queenstown you wouldn't normally find.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

There is no better way to absorb the beauty of Queenstown. We rent the e-bikes in the middle of winter. Our most wonderful host warned us about the ice on the road but we persisted and, boy, it was the best thing we did in queenstown! Our 9 y.o. son managed the whole trip by himself. I dragged our 7 y.o. in the towed bike and it was easy on the ebike. The route took us around Lake Hayes and the majestic shotover. We had a picnic along the way. Unfortunately the day was short in winter so we couldn't throw in the winery and the trip around the Lake in queenstown but, we will be back!

1  Thank PatrickSCD
Reviewed 23 July 2014

These bikes are simply fantastic! Thanks so much Cam for the guided tour. The ease with which we rode the groomed bike trail meant we could soak up the stunning scenery whilst still getting a great mountain bike buzz on. I am still dreaming about the lunch at Jacks Point Clubhouse - Highland beef cheek on Porcini butter mash....mmmmm. looking forward to going further next time!
Adam.