“Fantastic run down of top-class Otago Wineries”

Queenstown Wine Trail
Book In Advance
More Info
US$124.80*
and up
Original Wine Tour
Ranked #5 of 25 Food & Drink in Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Making wine personal.... Join Queenstown's original wine tour. Enjoy spectacular scenery, fascinating local history and more importantly taste some great wines,in particular our Pinot Noir. Tours depart daily from Queenstown all year round. Our guides have local knowledge and a great relationship with vineyard personal.Our tours are relaxed, personalised and visit a selection of boutique wineries. We keep our tours small and travelling time to a minimum, so there is plenty of time for you to sample fine wine, food and local cheeses whilst interacting with winery personnel. For those who prefer the exclusivity of a private guide and vehicle, we offer full and half day tours exploring the wine areas of Gibbston Valley and Bannockburn. Our Wine Tours can be combined with a Jet Boat ride, Helicopter flight or the ultimate relaxation package, try our spa and wine experience. We offer complimentary pick up and drop off from accommodation or central Queenstown
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was a fantastic afternoon visiting 4 wineries! What better way to learn about the different wines of the Otago region. With an excellent driver who made us all feel comfortable, each winery was chosen for its different wines and the tour guide at each winery was knowledgeable and passionate about their particular winery.

If you add up 4 tastings x 4 wineries, it's now wonder we all needed the bus to help us find our way back to our Queenstown accommodation.

You will improve your knowledge of wine and of the region when you go on this tour. Not cheap, but well worth it!

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

This was a lovely tour, but in comparison to some other wine tours that I have completed outside of NZ it was a little pricey. Aside from this though, we did get picked up from our accommodation, went to four lovely wineries and did have a great time. The guide lance was also great.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We took this tour on a Monday afternoon in September and were delighted to find that we had the tour to ourselves. Our guide was Pauline, who was very friendly and chatty. As it was just the two of use she gave us a choice as to which wineries we wanted to go to. We knew of a few and she suggested some others, and so our itinerary was decided. We visited 4 wineries -Gibbston Valley, Peregrine, Chard Farm and Amisfield - and they were all excellent. The Gibbston Valley visit was particularly good as we had a brief tour of the vines and did our tasting in the wine cave, had some lunch there and had a quick look at the cheesery next door. Each winery had a very different look and feel, from modern Peregrine, to small and beautifully located Chard Farm, to trendy and arty Amisfield. I would highly recommend this tour, it's an excellent way to while away an afternoon.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I went with my parents and I enjoy doing wine tours and tastings but I'm not a wine drinker. Our driver was great and really nice. I enjoy all of the wineries and trying the different wines. You had the option to buy lunch at the first winery which was Gibbston Winery. The wine cave there was cool to see and loved the cheese place they had onsite, you can go and try samples of the cheese and can bring them back to the US. I usually don't bring back fresh food from different countries to US but it was all good. I loved the goat cheese and would recommend trying some. The wine was also good. My parents favorite was the mulled wine from one of the smaller wineries we went to. Overall I would recommend this tour if you want a no hassle way to see a several wineries in one day.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Simply awesome - what can I say? Lance was the perfect host and guided us through some fantastic vineyards. Was a highlight of our trip to Queenstown and I highly recommend it.