“Average Stay”

Peppers Beacon Queenstown
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We arrived at 9am after picking a flight to coinside with the early check in I had asked for and were turned away and told to come back at 1pm. Our room was large and quite cold although very clean and well stocked. The staff seemed constanly bored, I dont think I saw one of them smile the whole time I was there. All in all I would say it was an average stay and I probably wouldn't return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisl T
Ashley G, Front Office Manager at Peppers Beacon Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Lisi T

Thank you for using Trip Advisor to review your stay with us. You feedback is important to us and help to inform and educate other travellers and provide our hotel with valuable knowledge of our guest experiences. Your comments have been noted and will be followed up where needed.

Thank you once again Lisi T.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a lake/mountain view suite on the 3rd floor early May for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Room and bathroom(with bathtub) was clean, comfortable and had great views across the lake. Beautiful warm fire, comfy sofa and all appliances. It was great to have a washing machine and dryer in the room and full siize fridge. The staff were always helpful and polite .
Negatives- yes the bed wasn't that comfortable - 2 singles together and one lower than the other so i continuously found myself rolling down the hill ( although my partner slept fine. ) There is no covered roof over the balcony on this floor so when raining you cant use the outside table and chairs ( a bit of clear sheeting on the top would be great) and yes the balcony door is a trap- i shut myself out three times,luckily there was someone inside to let me back in. It would be good to have a handle attached on the outside so people can pull the door open? I found myself taking my phone outside with me just in case .
Would we stay here again? yes definately, we loved it at Peppers Beacon and we loved Queenstown! Cant wait to go back again.

Room Tip: i would go with our room again- i think it was 308-3rd floor (facing the road )end room on the right...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Molly_p62.

Thank you for using Trip Advisor to review your stay at Peppers Beacon. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. Your comments and suggestions have been noted with thanks. We look forward to your return visit. Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a lake View suite. Very large room with amazing views. Great kitchen and bathroom. Great breakfast choices too.
All very good but house keeping let the team down. Booked a cot for our baby and gave us no cot top sheet. Just a bkanket! Not good enough. The girl that delivered the cot could not put it together- so we had to. 2 days out of 5 they forgot to give us toilet paper which was frustrating.
Internet us a rip off @ $60 for 5 days. We charge $25 for 7 days unlimited data.
Being a hotel owner ourselves we know the industry well. A few small improvement s would greatly improve peppers. Would we stay again- yes.
Great location - clean- spacious rooms- good price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank muchmoretravel
Ashley G, Front Office Manager at Peppers Beacon Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Muchmoretravel,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Peppers Beacon and for reviewing your experience on Trip Advisor. It was very interesting to read your comments, especially as you live and breathe the hospitality industry and appreciate what makes a great hotel. The main points have been noted with thanks and were the catalyst for our guest services team to be refreshed with cot training. It may sound simple but as you will know, the sequence of set up with the port-a-cot's are very methodical and if the cot ends, sides and base are not extended in the correct order then it will definitely not stand up. I am very sorry for this rather embarrassing effort on our part and also that your daily essentials were not take care of as you should have expected. This will be followed up also. On a lighter note, the positive attributes you have highlighted once again emphasise the quality of our product and will be very helpful in assisting other travellers to make informed choices and encouragement to book their next stay at Peppers Beacon, for which we thank you kindly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

First of all the staff were all very friendly and helpful.
The smell of cooking seemed to go throughout the "hotel" which I presume is because the apartments are self catering. This is a five star apartment hotel which is different from a five star hotel. Our room which was called a hotel room was very small and noisy. We could here the people in the next room talking and were woken at 5am by their noise. The continental breakfast had a great variety, we were pleased we didn't pay the extra $10 for the cooked breakfast. The bed was hard and uncomfortable but the location is excellent and there is free car parking. Perhaps the larger apartments would make it a better experience.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Garanirae

Dear Raewynne H,

Thank you for staying at Peppers Beacon on your recent visit to Queenstown. I am glad that you found the location of our resort perfect for you needs and that our staff were helpful and friendly. If you are considering returning to the region we also have another 8 different room categories that will provide the extra space and luxury that you may be looking for. As you mentioned, it is such a great location and with the various options available, I am sure that you will be more than impressed should you wish to return and upgrade to a lovely suite.

Thank you for using Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here. Location and amenities are excellent. It is a great place to stay with extended family. We were a family of 6 - our 2 kids and my parents. The layout is really good. My parents stayed in the interconnecting room with own bathroom and could have privacy when they wished by closing their door. Layout was 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and lake & mountain views. The kitchen is fully equipped if you wish to cook yourself but the dishwasher wasn't working when we were there though the cleaners washed up for us each day so wasn't really an issue.
We chose to eat out or get takeaway from local restaurants each night.
Breakfast was included in our rate in the breakfast room each day for all 6 of us. Great value as there was a good selection of food. However, they were a little disorganised at times but we didn't mind too much as we were in no rush.
The location is a 5 min stroll to town. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely request a mountain/lake view. The views are stunning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ashley G, Front Office Manager at Peppers Beacon Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear VickiM1965,

It was a pleasure welcoming you back and I am thrilled to hear that it will not be the last!

We have a great suite waiting here for you whenever you are ready for another relaxing break. Thank you very much for your comments about our product.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in a spa suite - just fantastic. Big room with a fire place, sitting area and small hot tub on the deck. Canapes were in the fridge for us to enjoy - a cheese plate brought the next day and port to enjoy it with. Our kids stayed in a smaller, regular room that was much smaller, less appointed. Splurge for the spa suite if you can. Access to Cradle Mtn was easy and the trails around the resort were nice too. Great pix in the forest trails. Our favorite stay on Tasmania. Suggestion for improvements, better and more varied dining. Glad we stayed only 2 nights or this would have been a problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for using Trip Advisor. The Penthouse at Peppers Beacon has a spa on the balcony which is a great option to upgrade to.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was appalled by the majority of things when I stayed at Peppers in March. It did not meet my expectations whatsoever. Before arrival I requested that I wanted 2 single beds but instead the receptionist told us on arrival that they could not get 2 single beds and nothing could be done about it, so we had no option to fix the problem.
Another problem occurred when we checked in after the check in time that they requested us to do so, we arrived at reception and the lady thought she should call house keeping to see if our room was ready and it was still uncleaned, we were asked to leave and come back an hour later, the lady stood there and laughed at us which I thought was disgusting and unprofessional behaviour, after that she asked us if we wanted our bags to be kept behind reception and explained to us that our bags would be in our room when we arrive back and they were not, I had to call and ask for them to be delivered after she said they would be. Later on I could not find a bread knife in my room to cut the bread, which I had to request for them to bring up.
The breakfast looked terrible and the baked beans were all dried up, overall it was an appalling experience. Peppers Beacon Queenstown clearly have a moto that "we're all about you" and this wasn't shown whatsoever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna94720
Ashley G, Front Office Manager at Peppers Beacon Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Anna 94720,

After reading your review I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not anywhere near the level of quality you should have expected. On behalf of the team involved with ensuring your details were perfect, please accept my sincere apologies. All of these concerns will be thoroughly followed up internally to ensure that improvements are made immediately.

Peppers have an amazing collection of properties throughout the Asia Pacific region and I am sure that a stay at one of our sister hotels, resorts and retreats will restore your faith in the luxury brand and make for a wonderful experience.

Once again thank you for using Trip Advisor and we appreciate and value for feedback and review.