“Very tasty food”

Brazz Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #36 of 257 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Pub, New Zealand
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Brazz Steakhouse Bar & Grill, Queenstown, New Zealand. Brazz is a casual dining restaurant bar overlooking the village green in the centre of Queenstown. We pride ourselves on providing great quality, fresh food in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Brazz is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner through until late in the evening. We can cater for large groups and small, intimate dining or a great get together with friends. The classic rustic atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the outside seating receives the afternoon sun. Brazz specializes in chargrilled Anguspure steaks, legendary ribs and gourmet pizzas and pasta. So whenever the time and whatever the occasion, Brazz is the place to be!
Campbell, California
“Very tasty food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a large group of 15 people and we all enjoyed our meals here. It is a busy restaurant and the service is a little slow however it is worth the wait for the food as it is wonderful.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Exigeken

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Bad Customer Service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A couple of months ago I visited Brazz for a beer and some food. I found the service poor due to staff being rude and unhelpful when I asked for cutlery and napkins with my meal. Staff became patronizing and accused myself of being rude. I am a local in QT and I shall not be returning to Brazz in the future.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank jackykiwi
Carl H, General Manager at Brazz Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for Your review which has caught my attention for a number or reasons...
Firstly our tables are pre set with cutlery & napkins, secondly it has taken you a couple of months to post your first review on t. Advisor which seems strange and finally our staff are constantly praised for there customer service here at Brazz and thus I find your review to be possibly floored. Please contact me directly at Brazz if I have misunderstood your complaint.
Kind regards Carl hellyer.
“FIFA World Cup.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Had the best seat to watch the World Cup final and to top it off great service by the staff and the big breakfast was awesome. For the amount of people in at that time you guys did a great job

“Went for a quiet dinner on our first night in queenstown what a memory”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family and I decided after looking around Queenstown to have early dinner at this restaurant. We arrived and there we two other couples dining so we were seated by the large window over looking Queenstown.

While I was waiting for the food to arrive I head to the restroom where I meet some heavily intoxicated young guys who were make a bit of a noise in the restroom. Be mindful that it was around 5pm and these guys were drunk

Everything went well from the order and once the food arrived the shocker happened.

Just as we were about to eat a couple of the drunk guys I met in the restroom were outside playing around and started to wrestle, the next thing you know they coming flying through the glass window and smashed a 6 foot square panel of glass. My wife was covered in glass and what most disturbing that it was not safety glass or tempered glass. After removing all the glass of my wife she was in utter shock. Her trousers had been torn and the there were several cuts on her.

The team from the restaurant came over to offer assistance and tried to help. After all the glass was removed my which was really shaken up and this was the last thing we expected to happen. I asked the manager if the police would be called and he said no, we had the guys details and they would get the money from him for the glass.

To be honest with you I wasn't worried about the cost of the glass I was worried about the behavior as this incident could have seriously hurt someone.

After removing all the glass from our clothing we decide to get of the restaurant as soon as possible as there was no point in staying around as my wife and son were clearly affected by the incident.

Since then the manager from the restaurant has made contact with us regarding coming back for dinner. Unfortunately we decided not to return to the outlet and left Queenstown as soon as we could.

It has been a over 2 weeks now and my wife still has nightmares about the whole incident.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank crusinonmyharle... .
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food and great staff, just a bit noisy”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Five of us ate an evening meal at Brazz early in July 2014. We booked earlier that day after looking at the menu and the decor. When we arrived we were ushered to a booth, plenty of room for five, and most comfortable. The staff were very efficient, relaxed and fun. As our main course, between us, we had either wings, ribs, pizza, hereford fillet or anguspure fillet mignon (which is what I had).

The taking of orders was efficient, fast and friendly and the food arrived within quite a reasonable time. My experience with New Zealand steak over the past few years has been excellent, and again this time I was certainly not disappointed. The steak and trimmings were simply magnificent, and all up (with veges on the side) at a cost of NZ$41. An absolute bargain. The rest of the group were also very happy with their choices. A number of us also followed the main meal with the desserts, cheesecake, and apple and berry crumble, and thought that they were excellent.

From the food point of view, Brazz is hard to beat on value for money. It is however quite noisy.

On the other hand, and Brazz is far from alone in this, the markup on the wines is quite high. Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc at $46 per bottle is a bit steep when it can be bought in the shops for about one quarter of that price. But to be fair, that equates to about $11NZ per glass, which is certainly what you might pay on a per glass basis. Certainly 4 stars, perhaps missing 5 only because the decor is a bit brash, and it is noisy. The staff and food do get five stars though.

• Visited July 2014