“huge tasty pizza”

Ranked #49 of 266 Restaurants in Queenstown
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 27 May 2014

my husband and I took our 3 kids to The cow for dinner on a Saturday night as I had heard good things about it
its a quaint little place tucked in an alley way, the inside is warm and inviting, its a little on the small side as far as seating goes but i guess the intimate setting is part of the appeal, the only negative was a large group of middle age men on a boys night were seated next to us and my kids could probably have done without hearing the ruckus

besides that the food was very tasty, we ordered 2 large pizzas to share, they were huge with just the right amount of topping ratio and a lovely thin base

2  Thank TheGypsyPirate

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Cow has one of the best atmospheres available in a restaurant today. Stepping in, the double door closes behind you with an old pulley and weight as the scent of the crackling wood fire first hits your nose. This place is small but has an unbeatable charm as you are invited to sit on wooden furnishings that appear to be straight out of a German beer tavern.

There was only one woman waiting tables while we were there but she did a great job keeping up with all of the orders and service requests. Definitely order a loaf of their fresh garlic bread, and if you are interested in a change (I had never had one before) try out their bolognese pizza.

1  Thank tehLoraxx
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a cozy restaurant with a serious historical feel. There will probably be a fire in the hearth, so if there is a chill in the air or a drizzle, head straight to the Cow for great soups or an amazing pizza. Everything they serve is quality and the service is fantastic. I went to New Zealand for 4 weeks over 4 months ago and this restaurant stands out in my memory.

4  Thank MissAnnieCat
Reviewed 18 May 2014

What to say about this place other than it is fantastic. Very quaint little old stone hut hidden down a side street in Queenstown. If you are a Lord of the Rings fan (like I am) you will find this place very neat. You'll swear you are seated in the Prancing Pony and watching out for Stryder in back corner. The pizza is very good and while you may be put-off by having to share tables with others (the place is very small) it actually was a lot of fun both times my wife and I went there. Made for fun conversation and sharing adventures with others.
There is a big roaring fire that is kept going at night and very neat old timber that makes up the tables, booths, chairs. Cool small little bar in the back that makes this place a favorite for all-time.

3  Thank anthony w
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This restaurant is quaint, small and very busy... does not take reservations and we had to share a large table, which was ok but had I been dining as a couple would not have impressed me!. the service was a little slow but nothing major, the food was good.