“Tasty food, lovely atmosphere”
Review of The Bunker

The Bunker
Ranked #12 of 265 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, New Zealand, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hidden away down a back alley in the center of Queenstown behind a rustic old wooden door, The Bunker offers discreet and intimate 'rustic' fine dining – specializing in red meats, game and local produce with a distinctly New Zealand flavour complimented by crackling log fires, intimate atmosphere, personal service and an impressive wine list. Our Cocktail Bar upstairs from the restaurant offers hand crafted classic and modern cocktails and an extensive wine and premium spirit list in a cosy lounge atmoshere which welcomes guests right through to the wee small hours. Wowing locals and visitors alike for over a decade with superb cuisine, friendly and knowledgeable service and a unique atmosphere, The Bunker is certainly a Queenstown experience not to be missed. PRIVATE DINING ROOM AVAILABLE FOR LARGE GROUPSDiscover The Bunker – Queenstown's best kept secret since 1997.
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We had the degustation menu and the entire thing was solid, although nothing blew me out of the water except maybe the agnolotti. However, I had been on an all-day wine tour of the Central Otago all day leading up to the dinner, so perhaps my taste buds were shot at that point. The service was excellent and the decor was warm and cozy, with a roaring fireplace on a cold winter night in the small upstairs dining room. I would definitely try it again with a non-overloaded palate to see what flavors I missed!

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Do not leave Queenstown without having dinner at The Bunker. Make a reservation in advance. The Owner is very hands on in the Restaurant and is obviously very knowledgeable about The Menu and Wine List. Our choices did not disappoint. Seriously delicious Gourmet Food and First Class Service. This is a restaurant owner who knows what he is doing and has an outstanding Chef in the Kitchen and well trained front of house staff. Do not miss this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Fabulous little restaurant! An oasis in the busyness of Queenstown! Perfect for cosy winter dining with wonderful open fire and romantic atmosphere. The food and service was excellent and will definitely be my first choice next time I come to Queenstown.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Four of us, had a evening meal, as we wanted a good steak. Looked at a number of rating in trip advisor and Google, so just turned up on spec, not knowing what to expect. To our surprise, it's a fine dining restaurant. Two had the chateaubriand, one the beef and I had the venison, followed by deserts. It was one of the best meals I have had. The Bunker also does a taster menu which looks very good value compared to ones in the UK.
Overall excellent restraunt, I would highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Went here for a flat mates birthday last night. We all got the tasting menu of seven courses. Each course was perfect- i didn't like the creme brule but everyone else loved it so who knows. But the first amuse- (duck confit soup/broth?) was amazing with a little spice kick! the hare and mash was fantastic, the goats cheese balls were AMAZING, the pallet cleansing otago fruits sorbet was magical, the lamb and redfoo (beetroot?) mash was perfection and the cheese and crackers were not needed but stil yum!! Fantastic night out and we first tabled it so it was cheaper than usual- although I'd pay full price next - it was worth it. YUM I'll be back!