“Great rooms Great views”
Review of Oaks Club Resort

Oaks Club Resort
Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights. As far as 2 bed rooms go in Queenstown these Apartments were nice . The rooms are everything you would expect. Great finish, comfy beds and a good size massive living area. You could easily stay longer, or live in one.
If you don't have a car no varies I would recommend Oaks club Provide free shuttle . If you are going for the nightlife, bars and restaurants of central Queenstown then maybe the best choice.
If you are going for a relaxing holiday away from the noise, want a room with a great view and don't mind 10 minutes to town then this is a great choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Club!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property and found the courtesy bus useful, and that you enjoyed the facilities and room space of the property.
We hope to see you back in Queenstown soonand at Oaks Club soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights for business in a studio style apartment and would not stay here again for the following reasons.
Difficult to find not well sign posted for night time. Also very difficult almost impossible to get out turning right onto frankton road
Poor layout of rooms and car park
Very noisy! We were in 802a which had an adjoining locked door to the apartment next door and could hear a pin drop also when anyone else leaves there rooms doors are very loud and there is no sleeping through that. Also can hear traffic from frankton road walls must be made of paper.
Bed was poorly made the bottom sheet ended at the foot of the bed ( not tucked in)
Service is supposed to be included however bed again was roughly made new towels put in bathroom but our old towels left in pile on floor. Bowl and cutlery cleaned but just left out on bench, curtains not fully drawn.
There are much better places to stay in Queenstown for this price. Cleaners need training it's not good enough

• Stayed: June 2014
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Club!
I am sorry to hear you had so many issues with the servicing of your room during your stay. This is not the standard we provide to our valued guests. I have followed up with the staff that serviced for your room and completed the initial clean. I have impressed on them the importance of getting it right first time. I have also spoken the Housekeeping Manager who will be providing extra training to these individuals.
Unfortunately when Queenstown does get busy the road into town can become quite busy. It is much safer to turn left and make a u-turn slightly up the road and we encourage all of our guests to follow this safer route.
I appreciate your feedback hope that you do choose to come back to Oaks Club in the future so we can show you the true Oaks service!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

wasn't impressed with this apartment, so hard to find our room. , even armed with a map.
Likened it to a rabbit warren, not the cleanest of rooms either. The highlight of this place was the free shuttle service. Was very noisy at night, as you could here everyone entering their rooms.

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you have no other option
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Club!
I am glad that you enjoyed the free shuttle service into town that we offer!
I apologise for the issues regarding the noise and cleaning issues that you mentioned.
Unfortunately the layout of the hotel can be a bit confusing at times but we do try to explain this in detail on check in and on maps located in the elevators.
I appreciate your feedback and apologise about the housekeeping standard you were exposed to.
I hope that you do choose to come back to Oaks Club in the future so we can show you the true Oaks service!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked here as a walk-in and received excellent service from front office staff. Was shown several options for available apartments, and chose a 2x br apt with outdoor spa. The unit chosen was on the top level, which is actually street level (as the complex is terraced down to the lake for great views).There was a little street noise, and some light from the street meant that night views were interrupted slightly, but that is the only negative I could mention.

I absolutely loved my stay, and will be back again and again....

The apartment was equipped with all the essentials for a perfect holiday. A gas log fire, hostess kitchen, 2 x en suites with adjustable under floor heating. The master bedroom had a stunning view, as did the lounge/kitchen. The outdoor spa looking up at the stars was justified the higher tariff.

It's worth noting that the apartments at this complex have a vast array of floor plans and are spaced over a number of levels, so if you are offered one that is not ideal, try another.

The Oaks runs a shuttle bus transfer downtown on a regular schedule, and there is an extensive public bus service outside the door, so if you don't have a car, don't be discouraged by the location. There is also a walking track around the lake shore outside the complex.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Janine K
Jaimee D, Manager at Oaks Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Club!
I am pleased that you enjoyed the room facilities and views that the two bedroom deluxe spa apartment offered!
The free shuttle service certainly is a handy feature of the property!
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you back in Queenstown and at Oaks Club soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had stayed in a 2 br apartment for the last easter for 4 days.

Good points:
- Nice location (next to lake Wakatipu)
- 7 mins by car to Queenstown city centre (You can even walk)
- Shuttle service from CBD to hotel and hotel to CBD
- well equipped kitchen with washing facilities.

Bad points:
- they didn't vacuum the place for all 4 days (service was included in the rooms we booked)
- Used pillow cases were used in the extra pillows
- Bad smell in the corridor towards our room (rotten rat or carpets)
- Bad smell in the balcony area (smells like sewerage)

Since they charge quite a lot for their rooms, the service should be up there too. Disappointing !!

Room Tip: book a room in level 1 to get lake views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nuwan A
Aaron J, Manager at Oaks Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Club!
I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the property and found the shuttle and kitchen facilities useful!
I apologise for the housekeeping and maintenance issues you have listed in your review. The state of the spare pillow cases and smells you noted are not acceptable and should not have occurred during your stay.
Once again, thank you for your review and I apologise about the experience you had during your stay. I would welcome the opportunity for you to return to Oaks Club to experience the true service of our property.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had a group of 5 staying for 11 nights in a 3 bedroom apartment for a skiing holiday.

Good Points:
On entering the room the view of the lake was absolutely spectacular. The furnishings in the room were contemporary and the heating was wonderful. The kitchen and laundry were relatively well equipped.

Bad Points:
Overall after this experience I would never stay in another Oaks property again. The room was untidy (a hole in the wall, discarded items from previous guests), the quilts are not washed between guests (we found blood on it) and staff did not communicate with each other about complaints/issues and the manager did not contact us during our stay despite us asking to speak to him.

My personal pillowcase was removed from my pillow and it took 3 months, and 3 enquiries with reception and 2 emails after my return to Australia to have it replaced.

We were disappointed that one of the bedrooms did not have a lake view or an external window, but instead a window into the kitchen area.

Also on a side note, the shower fitting in one of the ensuite's was really low and my husband was not able to stand under it to shower at all (he is under 6 foot). He just showered in one of the other bathrooms so was not that big of a deal.

Accessing the internet was very troublesome but we were reimbursed for the incorrect charges.

It was unfortunate that we were not able to speak to the general manager during our stay despite asking to speak to him. There was fair resolution following our stay after several emails (and a few months). In the end, was not given a response to satisfy that adequate changes to procedures were made to ensure an experience like this never happened again. Due to this I would never again stay in a property owned or operated by Oaks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kim D

Thank you for your recent review of Oaks Shores!
I am glad that you enjoyed the views from you apartment. The lakefront apartments really do have an unbeatable view! It is great that you found the laundry useful as well.
I can see that you stayed with us in August 2013 and it is a shame that your review has only just recently been published 9 months later. I believe the previous Manager had dealt with your complaint to a sufficient outcome. I apologise once again on behalf of Oaks Club for the housekeeping and maintenance issues you have listed. These issues are not acceptable and should not have occurred during your stay.
I would like to let you know that since your stay with us last year, we have had a change of general manager, hotel manager, housekeeping manager and housekeeping staff. Our Head Office has ensured that this transition period was monitored closely and that all procedures were in line with our company policies.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 5 nights in a beautiful, modern, two bedroomed apartment (301) with unsurpassed views of the lake and mountains. Well equipped full sized kitchen, huge amount of space, two large sofas and a fireplace which is our new 'essential' luxury item in accommodation. Lovely service from reception (special thanks to Junalyn) and friendly housekeeping staff. Short, scenic walk to town - only 12 mins by road, 15 mins by lakeside path. The exercise was welcome but regular free shuttle available if feeling lazy. Coming home was only a $10 taxi from the town centre. We chose to self cater our last afternoon & evening to take full advantage of the terrace, the fire and the views. Book the two bed lake view even if you don't need the second bedroom because when you compare the rate to anything else in Queenstown you are onto a winner. None of the majors in town have this outlook and anything else along Frankton Road is more expensive. Don't let the unassuming appearance from the road and the quirky approach to your room from reception deceive you. This property is so much nicer than any of their website photos reflect.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron J, Manager at Oaks Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Kia Ora and thank you for your recent review of Oaks Club!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the views from you room and found the additional features such as the fireplace and the roominess of apartment to be exceeding your expectations.
The free shuttle service certainly is a handy feature of the property and I will pass onto the team your feedback about the great service you received during your stay.